Open carry

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Open carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 04:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Open carry

What is ur thoughts on open carry in Oklahoma and is it going to pass

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-13-2011, 05:01 AM   #2

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Open Carry is a very controversial subject. Most members here believe that while the ability to open carry is nice, you're far better off being able to Conceal it.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 11-13-2011, 06:14 AM   #3

No idea about oklahoma but here in michigan its legal. Rarely do you see someone do it. Even more rarely do you see him not being hassled by the fuzz. No one really does it when you can just jump through a hoop or two and just conceal it. And the vast majority of people don't know sh*t about gun laws so they think its illegal. Pain in the butt. Just get a conceal licence.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:15 AM   #4

And you have to pack it away and get it back out unload reload everytime you get in and out of the car.

Last edited by gutz47; 11-13-2011 at 06:18 AM.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #5

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhand View Post
IMO, I think we should have the option to do either, conceal or open carry, although I would still choose to conceal.

The wind blows here daily, for free, and if a OWB/shoulder rig carried gun, covered by a jacket or shirt is exposed for a moment, because a jacket or shirt is blown up or aside by wind and exposes it, one should be covered legally either way.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 11-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

If open carry was the option here in my state I would still carry concealed.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5662 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 374

We have oc and ccw in wisconsin now. I like the option. In ccw only states alot of the time if some sheeple type sees it your in trouble. But if you have oc as well it doesnt matter.

i want to add that i dont carry openly because it isnt tactically sound. when a citizen carries openly you become a target and will liekly lose the element of surprise or worse become the first target. oc elevates your position in the goblin's priority list.

now thats a worse case possibility. but i prefer stacking the odds as much in my favor as possible. i fully support OC types. having someone else in the room as a first target gives me a chance to survive an encounter and stop the goblin

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 11-13-2011 at 03:48 PM.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:09 PM   #8

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhand View Post
Although I'm not from Oklahoma, I surely hope it passes. I mostly open carry. It is probably more prevelant here than in many other states, especially in smaller towns. I'm one of those, who feel adult males have not only a right, but also an obligation and responsibility to protect others. Carrying a gun may help with that responsibility and carrying in the open puts others on notice. I understand and respect the decisions of others to carry concealed, as I also conceal certain times myself. My wife mostly carries concealed when in town, and open carries while on the property.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:06 PM   #9

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Default Open or Concealed

Texas doesn't have Open Carry yet. It may pass someday but packing a pistol is in some regard like 5 Card Stud Poker...

Concealed, the thugs and zombies haven't a clue that they may pay the ultimate price .

Open Carry, top card showing, perhaps prevent you from being considered worth robbing, mugged or whatever...But everybody knows one card in your hand..

NRA Lifer Since 1968
Former USMC
Former Texas NG