Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Open carry (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/open-carry-51698/)

Gunhand 11-13-2011 05:35 AM

Open carry

What is ur thoughts on open carry in Oklahoma and is it going to pass

pagj17 11-13-2011 06:01 AM

Open Carry is a very controversial subject. Most members here believe that while the ability to open carry is nice, you're far better off being able to Conceal it.

gutz47 11-13-2011 07:14 AM

No idea about oklahoma but here in michigan its legal. Rarely do you see someone do it. Even more rarely do you see him not being hassled by the fuzz. No one really does it when you can just jump through a hoop or two and just conceal it. And the vast majority of people don't know sh*t about gun laws so they think its illegal. Pain in the butt. Just get a conceal licence.

gutz47 11-13-2011 07:15 AM

And you have to pack it away and get it back out unload reload everytime you get in and out of the car.

IGETEVEN 11-13-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunhand (Post 626380)

IMO, I think we should have the option to do either, conceal or open carry, although I would still choose to conceal.

The wind blows here daily, for free, and if a OWB/shoulder rig carried gun, covered by a jacket or shirt is exposed for a moment, because a jacket or shirt is blown up or aside by wind and exposes it, one should be covered legally either way.
:cool:

PanBaccha 11-13-2011 02:21 PM

If open carry was the option here in my state I would still carry concealed. ;)

JonM 11-13-2011 03:04 PM

We have oc and ccw in wisconsin now. I like the option. In ccw only states alot of the time if some sheeple type sees it your in trouble. But if you have oc as well it doesnt matter.

i want to add that i dont carry openly because it isnt tactically sound. when a citizen carries openly you become a target and will liekly lose the element of surprise or worse become the first target. oc elevates your position in the goblin's priority list.

now thats a worse case possibility. but i prefer stacking the odds as much in my favor as possible. i fully support OC types. having someone else in the room as a first target gives me a chance to survive an encounter and stop the goblin

EagleSix 11-13-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunhand (Post 626380)

Although I'm not from Oklahoma, I surely hope it passes. I mostly open carry. It is probably more prevelant here than in many other states, especially in smaller towns. I'm one of those, who feel adult males have not only a right, but also an obligation and responsibility to protect others. Carrying a gun may help with that responsibility and carrying in the open puts others on notice. I understand and respect the decisions of others to carry concealed, as I also conceal certain times myself. My wife mostly carries concealed when in town, and open carries while on the property.

cuate 11-13-2011 05:06 PM

Open or Concealed

Texas doesn't have Open Carry yet. It may pass someday but packing a pistol is in some regard like 5 Card Stud Poker...

Concealed, the thugs and zombies haven't a clue that they may pay the ultimate price .

Open Carry, top card showing, perhaps prevent you from being considered worth robbing, mugged or whatever...But everybody knows one card in your hand..