Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > One small win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2013, 03:33 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 685 Times on 367 Posts
Likes Given: 46

I went to a school function last week for my youngest kiddo and ran into the owner of the local grocery store. Him and I got to chatting about the company I manage no longer purchasing pastries and such from them through out the year. I pointed out the gun free zone sticker on his front door. I also pointed out that Walmart and Meier's (about 10 miles farther away) don't have those stickers and I went on to explain that criminals see that sticker as a welcome mat. The conversation ended with "I can take care of that". Out of pure curiosity I drove by tonight to see if it was still there. It is not.
My team members get donuts and brownies from the local grocery store Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Last edited by CourtJester; 11-28-2013 at 03:36 AM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-28-2013, 05:24 AM   #2

Liked 344 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Woot woot!!

I'd be happy if I could get my government to at least allow off duty police to carry a firearm I case they happen upon something needing an armed response. Sadly this isn't going to happen for a little while longer we where able to get the long gun registry out of the way though.....so that's our small win. Still need some more work firearms wise up here in Canada though.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:30 AM   #3

Liked 4678 Times on 2263 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
Woot woot!!

I'd be happy if I could get my government to at least allow off duty police to carry a firearm I case they happen upon something needing an armed response. Sadly this isn't going to happen for a little while longer we where able to get the long gun registry out of the way though.....so that's our small win. Still need some more work firearms wise up here in Canada though.
Canadian Cops must be better marksman than American... Or at least NYC Cops.

Down here were hoping to "dis" arm some of our off duty LEO's... In the name of public safety.

Tack

Old 11-28-2013, 05:38 AM   #4

Liked 344 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
Canadian Cops must be better marksman than American... Or at least NYC Cops. Down here were hoping to "dis" arm some of our off duty LEO's... In the name of public safety. Tack
Haha I remember reading that. I'm not really sure what the average is that our cops score on their qualifications, but I'm willing to take one for the team if it means a step to giving the average civilian a chance at owning a firearm for self defence.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:41 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3725 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Congrats Jester. We'll take the victories when and where we can.

Always have clean socks.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:53 AM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Thats awesome news Jester. I too refuse to eat and shop at businesses that advertise themselves as "mass murderer empowerment zones"

I do not inform the management, however. I just carry on about my day. I doubt many would actually be as receptive as your experience.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #7

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbartrip6 View Post
Thats awesome news Jester. I too refuse to eat and shop at businesses that advertise themselves as "mass murderer empowerment zones"

I do not inform the management, however. I just carry on about my day. I doubt many would actually be as receptive as your experience.
Most businesses seem to have the mindset that if you dont like something there, take your business elsewhere. They forget some simple things. Any business can get a customer, but its the repeat customers that keep the doors open. Sooner or later, they'll run out of new customers.
I try not to deal with places that dont share my similar ideas. Why should I support them if they wont support me (my ideas and beliefs)?
I understand that yes, its THEIR business, they can do as they please. So I do as I please and go somewhere else. Its just business.