Which one to carry - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Which one to carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Nicely put, therewolf. The only difference in my thinking/experience is that my snubby just wields faster by a split second than my 5 and 6 inch barrel guns... so, the snubby it is for sd.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:26 AM   #12
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I have several guns that I carry on a regular basis. If I had to pick just one it would be my J frame. It is an Airweight. 38+p 5 shot snubby. I often carry a 45. But in the summer when I wear shorts and a light t shirt that J frame rides in a pocket holster. It just disapears.

I would agree with Rick, I carry a S&W M&P 45 most of the time. When the weather is warm I carry a S&W 642 (J frame airweight). When I'm driving I put my pistol in the door pouch, more comfrontable for me and easier to access with a seat bealt on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:03 AM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6724 Times on 3580 Posts
Likes Given: 504

my three sd guns im proficient with all of them:

bersa thunder 380

colt new agent 45acp

colt series 70 45acp

right now wis can only legally open carry. ccw is coming very very very soon and choice of firearm for me will depend on clothing and what sort of ccw we get. im hoping for open carry and conceal carry which will let me carry my series 70 pretty much full time since printing or accidental showing wont be an issue
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 05-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashell View Post
I took the advice and went the range where I'm a member, tried 2 small frame revolvers in 38+P and two 380 autos. This is a teaching range and the people are very expierianced. After about and hour of disscusion after shooting I went with SW with the factory insight laser. Also added an in pocket holster and a couple of speed loaders.

In closing thanks to all who viewed and replied. Now it's back to the range for lot's of practice and a couple of courses.

Thanks again
Dashell
Good choice

Old 05-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #15

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 162

I agree that the .38 snub is a reputable weapon however, I'd step up to a .357 snub & continue using .38 +P. It's good to know you can fire a spare caliber, especially one that can drop a bear. I'm referring to the ammo drought for those who don't remember.

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 05-08-2011, 05:12 PM   #16

Liked 2610 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
Nicely put, therewolf. The only difference in my thinking/experience is that my snubby just wields faster by a split second than my 5 and 6 inch barrel guns... so, the snubby it is for sd.
Hey Spider, it's still good. CCW choice is personal. I prefer the extra size,

because I'm just not that fast, anyway. What I am is very alert.

You hear this HD gun this, HD gun that. Let's look at HD very carefully for

a second, did somebody say BREAK into my house? As in BREAK a door

or window molding or glass? I will beat them to death with the nearest blunt

object, they don't deserve to be shot.

Like I said, it's all very personal...

Old 05-09-2011, 12:11 PM   #17

Hopefully you'll never suffer such a break in.. and hopefully if anybody does there is no firearm in the hand of the perp.