One Awesome LEO

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > One Awesome LEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Default One Awesome LEO

Forgive me if this is a repost. It's a video of a LEO approaching someone who is open carrying. What an awesome LEO. I have to say that the guy was kinda' being a dick.

One good cop. [VIDEO]

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-23-2011, 02:34 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2423 Times on 1200 Posts
Likes Given: 1230

Polygon,

That certainly was one great officer and his demeanour was unbelievably kind and professional. In most states if they had a reason to stop this guy he could have been charged with failure to identify and booked as John Doe until he was in front of a judge who would ask him one time to identify. I like you thought the pedestrian was a dick. And I'll bet he was not Marine or at least not one worth a S---t. Good Marines would not conduct themselves in such a manor and especially toward a fellow Marine. I'll bet if he was a Marine he does not have an Honorable Discharge! He was just trying to set the officer up in my opinion, but met someone that was a lot more intelligent than he was. I would have pushed the permit issue to get his ID. It's idiots like him that has no business carrying a weapon or even having a permit.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:23 AM   #3

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Agree with everything said above, dude was a bit of a douche, cool cop squashed his agenda. What I wonder is, since he failed to get the reaction he seems to be trying to elicit, why'd he bother posting the video of himself acting like a tool?

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 07-23-2011, 04:34 AM   #4

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle View Post
Agree with everything said above, dude was a bit of a douche, cool cop squashed his agenda. What I wonder is, since he failed to get the reaction he seems to be trying to elicit, why'd he bother posting the video of himself acting like a tool?
Cause the tool is so self-deluded by his crusade, that he doesn't even realize that he comes off as a tool in the video.

I'm sorry, I'm all for open carry, but I've yet to see one of these open carry advocate videos where then OC guy isn't a complete tool. It's like they all went to the same "How to video your open carry encounter with the police" seminar.

Oh, and great cop. We need more of these vids!

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 07-23-2011, 05:10 AM   #5

To start the office was great. The guy was a jerk and as state before was looking for a different interaction with the the officer. Not sure where you live, but all the places I have ever lived ( 6 different states) all require some type of ID to be on your person when in public. I am sure most states and local municipalities have some type of law on thier books. I think the officer didn't want to push the issue because he knew this guys motive was to get a police "abuse" video.

Good to see some positive videos.

Mark

MLR Distributing

Old 07-23-2011, 05:18 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1839 Times on 1310 Posts
Likes Given: 2076

Default Disgrace.........

Why is it they all ways bring up [ Oh I'm a Marine or I was in the Marines ] There are cops that will arrest your smart ass for missinformation, The other video cop would have probably shot this guy. Good cop, bad cop, You have a 50 / 50 chance of being pulled over by either......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 07-23-2011, 06:47 AM   #7

The CHL guy should have opened his pie-hole and identified such. He was in fact following the officers orders and again could have easily spoken to the officer in the car. The officer is reacting from fear which does not make him weak- some goblins simply shoot cops, and he could have an anger issue. He would certainly benefit from some one on one time with a therapist. Wow-Good Luck OH.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

Old 07-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 40

I believe the officer should have pressed the guy for his ID otherwise how does he know whether the guy is able to legally own a gun? I probably wouldn't have arrested the guy in his place, but he wouldn't be getting his pistol back until he'd proven to me who he was and I verified that he didn't have a felony on his record.

I don't know where this notion came from that you don't have to give your ID or correct name & date of birth to a LEO when they ask? The US Supreme Court opined that LEOs had every right to ask for ID of anyone they had a legal right to conduct a Terry Stop on which is what the officer did here(can't remember the case name right off). The officer clearly had a legal right to check the guy out, as he said he has a duty to ensure public safety and the guy agreed.

My agency issues digital voice recorders as well as miniature video recorders to all of us. If we're complained on after a traffic stop, domestic violence/dispute call, etc.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:41 AM   #9

Lol, totally not what the guy was looking for, Nice!

Old 07-24-2011, 01:29 AM   #10

That's one nice, intelligent cop!!