Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > OMG! LEO! At My Door...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 01:13 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedsasquatch View Post
I'm a good law abiding citizen, and when I see a LEO at my door I usually welcome him. I have a clean record, and never have anything to hide. Well, today was different. I just happened to be wearing my new IWB holster, with my Colt Combat Commander in it! Needless to say, nothing happened. But boy did my heart rate go up!

So, I have a question. Is it illegal to concealed carry in your own house without a license? I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail...
No it is not illegal in your own house. Out on your own property where neighbors may see it and possibly call in a complain may be a different story. But in your own house - no it is not illegal.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:22 AM   #12
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm not a lawyer or even played one on TV best to check your local laws as they differ greatly depending on where your live.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:21 AM   #13

Honestly? lol, is this a joke?

Youre asking if you can carry a gun that YOU BOUGHT (Im assuming) and youre asking if you can carry it in YOUR OWN home? America has gotten bad but it aint that bad. Not yet anyways...If you cant carry it in your own home then you arent free at all.

America will be needing a new patriot.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:34 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8387 Times on 3629 Posts
Likes Given: 1291

And once again- how many of you that are offering legal advice are members of the Kentucky State Bar?

And the FIRST one of you that says "That does not make sense." will be required to stay after class, and write "Laws do not always make sense" 500 times. And then go post bail for the person you were giving legal advice to.....

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:14 AM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Move to Texas.

You can open carry on your property. You can conceal carry in your car or truck as well as conceal carry in your business without a license.

You need a license to conceal carry elsewhere, such as stores that aren't posted with 30.06.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #16

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Gojubrian, Moss99, docmagnum357, Biohazurd, RyanG23, hogger129, Grey.

I have a few questions for you guys.

1. Where did you go to Law School?
2. What year did you take and pass the KY state Bar Exam?
3. What Law Firm do you work for?
4. How long have you lived in KY?

KY concealed carry laws Google search.

Last edited by cpttango30; 09-25-2009 at 11:40 AM.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:31 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Gojubrian, Moss99, docmagnum357, Biohazurd, RyanG23, hogger129, Grey.

I have a few questions for you guys.

1. Where did you go to Law School?
2. What year did you take and pass the KY state Bar Exam?
3. What Law Firm do you work for?
4. How long have you lived in KY?

KY concealed carry laws Google search.

Uhh...

1. I wasn't aware I needed a law degree to be aware of a few of the laws in my state.
2. I clearly said "in Colorado".
3. Low, Ball & Lynch.
4. Once again, I clearly said "in Colorado".

Good gravy, someone needs a Coke and a smile. At least it was fun to drive to work naked, at 90mph, on the wrong side of the road with all 4 doors open becasue hey, i'm not a lawyer, I don't know any better. Next time i'll keep my info to myself.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

Old 09-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
And once again- how many of you that are offering legal advice are members of the Kentucky State Bar?

And the FIRST one of you that says "That does not make sense." will be required to stay after class, and write "Laws do not always make sense" 500 times. And then go post bail for the person you were giving legal advice to.....
I've seen information online that would suggest that in the State of KY it IS ILLEGAL to carry concealed in your own house without a license. The problem is that these website which "reproduce" the state's laws don't tell you which section the laws come from. KY gun laws have changed drastically over the last 6 years, mostly for the better. So I need to know what the current laws are.

I'm going to contact a LEO that's a friend of mine from Gracie Jiu-Jitsu training that would know, or get ahold of someone that knows...

Old 09-25-2009, 06:08 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedsasquatch View Post
I'm a good law abiding citizen, and when I see a LEO at my door I usually welcome him. I have a clean record, and never have anything to hide. Well, today was different. I just happened to be wearing my new IWB holster, with my Colt Combat Commander in it! Needless to say, nothing happened. But boy did my heart rate go up!

So, I have a question. Is it illegal to concealed carry in your own house without a license? I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail...
Better not do that in NY. To legally posses a handgun in NY, you MUST have a pistol permit, period. In your house, or on your property, you'd better have a permit.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:03 AM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Alright my LEO friend got back in touch with me. Their aren't any "written" laws directly addressing the issue of carrying concealed in KY. HOWEVER, he said I would be in very "Hot Water" for doing so if a LEO was over at my house...

It's all a matter of interpretation of other related laws I guess.

Closed Thread