OMG! LEO! At My Door...

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > OMG! LEO! At My Door...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default OMG! LEO! At My Door...

I'm a good law abiding citizen, and when I see a LEO at my door I usually welcome him. I have a clean record, and never have anything to hide. Well, today was different. I just happened to be wearing my new IWB holster, with my Colt Combat Commander in it! Needless to say, nothing happened. But boy did my heart rate go up!

So, I have a question. Is it illegal to concealed carry in your own house without a license? I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

You can have it anywhere in your house you want, loaded or unloaded, hidden or in plain sight.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #3

Absolutely. It is in Colorado anyway. I asked my instructor when I was taking my class because I wanted to get used to the feel of having my weapon on and make sure the holster was comfortable.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

Old 09-23-2009, 03:35 PM   #4
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 702 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

What did the LEO want?

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:37 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
What did the LEO want?
Oh, he wanted to know who the the green car outside my apt. belonged to. It's an ugly broke down pos that the neighbors refuse to move. So the police are going to move it for them

Old 09-23-2009, 04:32 PM   #6

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

The last time I looked no one that has answered the question has passed the bar in all 50 states or 1 state.

What do you think this says about their advice.

Do your research, find out your local and state laws. This will save you from looking like an asshat when the judge ask you why you are CCWing when you don't have the proper permit? HUUUUUUU Yeah your honor becuase some dude names gojubrian said it was legal. Who is is this mr. gojubrian? Well he is hummmmmmm well ok funny story I meet him at an online forum about guns. But, he is a knowladgable guy knows a lot about guns and law because he is aaaaaaaaa yeah an internet lawyer got his degree and took the bar with that fat sally chick from TV. Yeah thats it.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:04 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9566 Times on 4116 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

As Tango said, legal advice from members of a gun forum is worth EXACTLY what you paid for it- NADA!

As I have said before. for all you know, I am 14 yrs old, skipping school, and Mom does not know I am on the computer.

Laws vary SIGNIFICANTLY from state to state. Do some research on YOUR laws- mine are differerent. If you do not know how to go a Google search, find a 14 yr old that can show you.

And as I understand KY law, NO, you may not. Read for self: Kentucky Gun Laws - What are the Gun Laws in Kentucky?

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:58 AM   #8

In North Carolina, It has never been illegal to carry concealed on your own property, to my knowlege. Carrying conceal, OFFyour own propert, WITHOUT YOUR PERMIT AND ANOTHER FORM OR VALID ID,is a crime.Open carry is not Illegal, but there is the problem of "going armed to the terror of the public" When you look at the court case on that one, it seems to state you must intend to terrorize the public, but in practice, people are prosecuted successfully if the other person says they were terrorized.
How often are people prosecuted for "Going armed to the terror ofthe public?" I have never heard of it.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:14 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
As Tango said, legal advice from members of a gun forum is worth EXACTLY what you paid for it- NADA!

As I have said before. for all you know, I am 14 yrs old, skipping school, and Mom does not know I am on the computer.

Laws vary SIGNIFICANTLY from state to state. Do some research on YOUR laws- mine are differerent. If you do not know how to go a Google search, find a 14 yr old that can show you.

And as I understand KY law, NO, you may not. Read for self: Kentucky Gun Laws - What are the Gun Laws in Kentucky?
Interesting:

"It is unlawful to carry a concealed firearm on or about one's person. This applies to carrying a concealed firearm in one's own premises or dwelling."

I wonder what section that comes from. I tried looking in my KY concealed handgun manual and couldn't find it...

Old 09-25-2009, 12:26 AM   #10

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Ah a fellow Colt Combat Commander user. Arent they lovely guns. I carry mine about everywhere i go, and unlike most people say i have no problem with the weight, reduces recoil anyway...

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Closed Thread