Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   OMG! LEO! At My Door... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/omg-leo-my-door-18428/)

feedsasquatch 09-23-2009 02:13 PM

OMG! LEO! At My Door...

I'm a good law abiding citizen, and when I see a LEO at my door I usually welcome him. I have a clean record, and never have anything to hide. Well, today was different. I just happened to be wearing my new IWB holster, with my Colt Combat Commander in it! Needless to say, nothing happened. But boy did my heart rate go up!

So, I have a question. Is it illegal to concealed carry in your own house without a license? I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail...

Gojubrian 09-23-2009 02:17 PM

You can have it anywhere in your house you want, loaded or unloaded, hidden or in plain sight.

Moss99 09-23-2009 02:17 PM

Absolutely. It is in Colorado anyway. I asked my instructor when I was taking my class because I wanted to get used to the feel of having my weapon on and make sure the holster was comfortable.

notdku 09-23-2009 02:35 PM

What did the LEO want?

feedsasquatch 09-23-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notdku (Post 164241)
What did the LEO want?

Oh, he wanted to know who the the green car outside my apt. belonged to. It's an ugly broke down pos that the neighbors refuse to move. So the police are going to move it for them:D

cpttango30 09-23-2009 03:32 PM

The last time I looked no one that has answered the question has passed the bar in all 50 states or 1 state.

What do you think this says about their advice.

Do your research, find out your local and state laws. This will save you from looking like an asshat when the judge ask you why you are CCWing when you don't have the proper permit? HUUUUUUU Yeah your honor becuase some dude names gojubrian said it was legal. Who is is this mr. gojubrian? Well he is hummmmmmm well ok funny story I meet him at an online forum about guns. But, he is a knowladgable guy knows a lot about guns and law because he is aaaaaaaaa yeah an internet lawyer got his degree and took the bar with that fat sally chick from TV. Yeah thats it.

c3shooter 09-23-2009 06:04 PM

As Tango said, legal advice from members of a gun forum is worth EXACTLY what you paid for it- NADA!

As I have said before. for all you know, I am 14 yrs old, skipping school, and Mom does not know I am on the computer.

Laws vary SIGNIFICANTLY from state to state. Do some research on YOUR laws- mine are differerent. If you do not know how to go a Google search, find a 14 yr old that can show you. :D

And as I understand KY law, NO, you may not. Read for self: Kentucky Gun Laws - What are the Gun Laws in Kentucky?

docmagnum357 09-24-2009 12:58 AM

In North Carolina, It has never been illegal to carry concealed on your own property, to my knowlege. Carrying conceal, OFFyour own propert, WITHOUT YOUR PERMIT AND ANOTHER FORM OR VALID ID,is a crime.Open carry is not Illegal, but there is the problem of "going armed to the terror of the public" When you look at the court case on that one, it seems to state you must intend to terrorize the public, but in practice, people are prosecuted successfully if the other person says they were terrorized.
How often are people prosecuted for "Going armed to the terror ofthe public?" I have never heard of it.

feedsasquatch 09-24-2009 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 164344)
As Tango said, legal advice from members of a gun forum is worth EXACTLY what you paid for it- NADA!

As I have said before. for all you know, I am 14 yrs old, skipping school, and Mom does not know I am on the computer.

Laws vary SIGNIFICANTLY from state to state. Do some research on YOUR laws- mine are differerent. If you do not know how to go a Google search, find a 14 yr old that can show you. :D

And as I understand KY law, NO, you may not. Read for self: Kentucky Gun Laws - What are the Gun Laws in Kentucky?

Interesting:

"It is unlawful to carry a concealed firearm on or about one's person. This applies to carrying a concealed firearm in one's own premises or dwelling."

I wonder what section that comes from. I tried looking in my KY concealed handgun manual and couldn't find it...

Biohazurd 09-24-2009 11:26 PM

Ah a fellow Colt Combat Commander user. Arent they lovely guns. I carry mine about everywhere i go, and unlike most people say i have no problem with the weight, reduces recoil anyway...