Omaha Shooting - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Omaha Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 10:20 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

In reading through this I'm glad the charges were dropped, , But I would rather face the charges than the Grime Reaper!
This is a real scary situation given the other customers in the store, even the ones behind a rack of potato chips that you can't see. Even if you hit your mark there is a strong possibility of a through & through shot striking behind the target. This sounds like every thing went right, , Just goes to show "you never know" and hope and pray your at your best if and when you have to use DF.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:22 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Sounds like a positive result for everybody but the thugs.

Wonder if a .357 Magnum loaded with 158 grain JSPs would of been more effective but i can't second guess the man's choice of gun.

"True Happiness is a warm .357,.45 ACP,.38 Special,.410 or a 12 gauge & a cold Sun Drop." ME

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
(Benjamin Franklin)

'God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)

" Praise The Lord but Polly pass the Ammo"( Unknown)

"The 1st one through the door gets the copper coated candy." ( Andy the gunshop owner from "Dawn of the Dead")

Old 06-01-2010, 10:54 PM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2860 Times on 1490 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaGator View Post
Sounds like a positive result for everybody but the thugs.

Wonder if a .357 Magnum loaded with 158 grain JSPs would of been more effective but i can't second guess the man's choice of gun.
A .357 Mag with 158 gr soft points has a fairly dismal record. They do not expand well in human targets and WILL pass through.

For hunting, a soft point or hard cast SWC will pass through to give you two bleeders. For defensive purposes passing through that easily can be very dangerous to bystanders. Such a bullet will have significant energy remaining after passing through a human target. The kid two blocks away could be the final resting point of that bullet.

I have seen Gold Dots (9mm 147 gr and .40 180 gr) pass through a body and fall with in 6 feet of the body. Pretty much all the energy was used up. Even if it had hit someone standing behind the target, the damage would have been minimal.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball