Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Oklahoma open carry law. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/oklahoma-open-carry-law-64499/)

Big-Nasty 05-15-2012 04:20 AM

Oklahoma open carry law.

What's your opinion on the new open carry law the governor's fixing to sign?
I'm excited!

bwalka 05-15-2012 04:25 AM

I think it's good and bad. I live in Oklahoma and fully support the open carry they just are some reprocusions that I think would happen.

bearrwe 05-15-2012 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwalka (Post 801910)
I think it's good and bad. I live in Oklahoma and fully support the open carry they just are some reprocusions that I think would happen.

Like what? Ive been out of OK for many years now but it was very gun friendly when I left.

bwalka 05-15-2012 04:56 AM

Old west style abhor outs. You may think no that couldn't happen there are some pretty stupid people that would do that. And one person knowing you have a gun and them provoking you to draw so they can shoot you. Don't get me wrong when it's signed in I'm gonna open carry

bwalka 05-15-2012 04:57 AM

Shoot outs

MrWray 05-15-2012 07:29 PM

I live in Oklahoma, my grandpa is/was one of the senators that passed the self defense act. I think it will be a good thing as long as they still keep the conceal carry option. I will continue to carry concealed, i dont like any attention drawn to me "good or bad"

HOSSFLY 05-15-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big-Nasty (Post 801891)
What's your opinion on the new open carry law the governor's fixing to sign?
I'm excited!

Why? Are you going to strut around with a big iorn on your hip :rolleyes:

Marlinman 05-15-2012 11:38 PM

I live in MO and we can open carry and ya I admittedly do open carry more often than not but I live in a TINY town where most people carry. Even if its left in their car most of the time. We openly have guns all around in my town. People see me at the creek or river that are from big towns/cities freak out over my guns but they are ignored until they find a snake or such. Then they are glad of me and my guns. So I say good for OK but it will be another one of them things of your judgement and level headedness is a big factor.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

rjd3282 05-15-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 802907)
Why? Are you going to strut around with a big iorn on your hip :rolleyes:

It's his choice, just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong. It's really depressing to see gun owners harping on the guys that want to open carry.

HOSSFLY 05-15-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjd3282 (Post 802914)
It's his choice, just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong. It's really depressing to see gun owners harping on the guys that want to open carry.

Wasn't "harping" -
Don't really care if it depresses you enuff to drink yourself to death---------
A lot of folk have a reason to just open carry---No big deal in the right place -
MOST than can THESE DAYS just do because to compensate :rolleyes: