Ok so your carrying your fav - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Ok so your carrying your fav

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2011, 11:17 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Bottom line is you better make damn sure the BG had it in for you. Its hard to say what a person would do until he/she is in the situation.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:43 PM   #22

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Different states have different laws concerning use of deadly force policies..different people have different definitions of "life threatening situations". Just make sure whatever decision you make is a solid just decision.. I dont like seeing anyone go to prison for defending their life or the life of others

Old 10-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #23

Liked 3256 Times on 1636 Posts
Likes Given: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Absolutely, it is cosidered assault, your just not justified in using deadly force...unless there are other factors that dictate that the BG is hell bent on ending your existance and the pepper spray is just being used to incapacitate you to make it easier for him.
Hypothetically: I suspect I might be in for legal difficulties. However, in UT, I think I like my odds.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Old 10-03-2011, 05:30 PM   #24

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

I'm thinking if the guy either sprays me or tazers me, he can easily gain access to my weapon and kill me and others with it. If he gets close enough to use either weapon on me, I'm shooting until I feel the threat is eliminated. Remember, you never shoot to kill, you shoot to stop the threat. At least that's what I've always been told is the proper response to LEO or in court.

Jeff Cooper

Old 10-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #25

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Like i stated before, i know that the meaning of "fearing for your life" is different from person to person, but ive seen posts from people saying that if they receive one single punch to the face that they will shoot someone. If you will shoot someone for a single punch then you dont need a gun, you need a football helmet and a suit made of bubble wrap. Ive been in situations from verbal arguments, physical altercations, to dynamic entry into residences serving high risk warrants.. Ive been punched, pushed,kicked, slapped, and ive gotten a face full of pepper spray during fighting a suspect "on several occasions". If i had the mindset of some of the posts ive read i would have already shot several people," and be in prison". Dont get me wrong, ive felt threatened during many of the altercations ive been involved in, many working by myself with the closest backup at least 30 minutes away because i was the only deputy on duty. And yes ive pulled my weapon on people more times than i can count but ive never had to shoot anyone. The way some people sound they would have already fired their weapon as soon as the altercation started. If a LEO gets punched in the face they physically deal the subject until they are in custody. There would be alot less people in prison if a LEO shot everyone that punched them in the line of duty.if someone pepper sprays you,like i said it depends on what other factors are involved with the situation,but if all they do is spray you then stand there and yell at you then NO you cant shoot them just because they "could" hurt you or they "could" strangle you or they "could" grab your gun. You better be sure that this person "is" trying to gravely harm you or your family. An actual "TASER" totally different than a stun gun, can totally incapacitate you or fatally injure you so "you are" authorized to use deadly force. Anyone that has carried an X26 Taser knows that once you pull the trigger its a 5 second ride,BUT within that 5 seconds you can pull and hold the trigger and the taser "will not" shut off until "you" let off the trigger or the battery goes dead " and you will die before the battery goes dead" those power cells last for a looong time.