Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Ok so your carrying your fav

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 01:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ok so your carrying your fav

Encounter#1 Ok so your carrying your favorite CCP and you encounter and thug with mace or pepper spray . do you shoot to kill or wait till he sprays you.

possibly taking your gun and shooting you

Encounter#2 only now the thug has a tazer or stun gun WHAT DO YOU DO ?

I'm just interested in what you would do .

Happiness is a Belt Fed Weapon

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-01-2011, 01:56 AM   #2

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

If you are sprayed by pepper spray by someone you want to make some distance between you and them. Pepper spray is not considered a dangerous or deadly weapon,it is "non lethal force" you CAN NOT shoot someone for just spraying you. You need to make distance and work through it. Ive been sprayed about 20 times in training and came in contact with it probably over a hundred times in the field after utilizing it.. It will completely incipacitate some people while just a hinderance to others.. If you are ever pepper sprayed " dont freak out" keep your senses and work through it

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Last edited by MrWray; 10-01-2011 at 03:02 AM.

Old 10-01-2011, 02:05 AM   #3

A Taser is classified as " less than lethal force" totally different than non lethal force. I have had 50,000v, 100,000v, 200,000v, stun guns used on me in training, electric riot shields,rack belts used on me in training and have been Tased with an X26 Taser. Non of it is fun.especially the X26. An actual Taser will incapacitate you and deadly force would be authorized

Old 10-01-2011, 02:16 AM   #4

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray
If you are sprayed by pepper spray by someone you want to make some distance between you and them. Pepper spray is not considered a dangerous or deadly weapon,it is "non lethal force" you CAN NOT shoot someone for spraying you. You need to make distance and work through it. Ive been sprayed about 20 times in training and came in contact with it probably over a hundred times in the field after utilizing it.. It will completely incipacitate some people while just a hinderance to others.. If you are ever pepper sprayed " dont freak out" keep your senses and work through it
Wray, due to your LEO training, is there no way that pepper spray would ever be considered that lethal force was necessary? You don't really know the perps intentions whether he plans to rob you or cause physical harm to you. And what if you're with your family like my wife and my 6 mo old baby?

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-01-2011, 02:33 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz

Wray, due to your LEO training, is there no way that pepper spray would ever be considered that lethal force was necessary? You don't really know the perps intentions whether he plans to rob you or cause physical harm to you. And what if you're with your family like my wife and my 6 mo old baby?
Of course the situation would dictate, it would all depend on how the court perceives it and how you articulate the reason why you decided to use deadly force. Everyfhing would take account, like how you reacted to the pepper spray. If you dont have an extreme reaction to the spray and are still able to function fine then the court will not see the need for you to use deadly force. If the BG has sprayed you and your eyes and face are burning but you can still see fine and you shoot the BG and find out that they arent armed with anything else then you could have a problem. Its really a case by case situation

Old 10-01-2011, 02:36 AM   #6

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

Of course the situation would dictate, it would all depend on how the court perceives it and how you articulate the reason why you decided to use deadly force. Everyfhing would take account, like how you reacted to the pepper spray. If you dont have an extreme reaction to the spray and are still able to function fine then the court will not see the need for you to use deadly force. If the BG has sprayed you and your eyes and face are burning but you can still see fine and you shoot the BG and find out that they arent armed with anything else then you could have a problem. Its really a case by case situation
Great, thanks wray. Ive always kinda wondered about that.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-01-2011, 02:51 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz

Great, thanks wray. Ive always kinda wondered about that.
Now say the BG has pepper spray in one hand and a knife in the other hand and he sprays you in the face and you cant hardly see, He hasnt made a threatening move with the knife yet BUT it is safe to assume that the knife attack is coming next. I would say that you are justified to use deadly force

Old 10-01-2011, 03:01 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5327 Times on 2781 Posts
Likes Given: 338

to me i consider pepper spray and tasers deadly weapons. people have lost their lives being tasered and sprayed. its one reason i dont use either for self defense.

if the situation requires use of force it better be the strongest you can field.

who is to say the goblin isnt incapacitating you in order to take you home in his rape van then kill you and put your parts in the freezer for later consumption....

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-01-2011, 03:18 AM   #9

Liked 102 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 219

pepper spray can be deadly to a person with asthma, so lets say you have asthma and a bg approaches and pulls out mace, even if they havent sprayed yet, being afraid for your life, would you be justified in pulling your gun and firing?

Old 10-01-2011, 03:26 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildenton
pepper spray can be deadly to a person with asthma, so lets say you have asthma and a bg approaches and pulls out mace, even if they havent sprayed yet, being afraid for your life, would you be justified in pulling your gun and firing?
Not at all,you still have the option to try and remove yourself from the situation