You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

ohio traffic stop ( ccw )

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 02:36 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4345 Times on 2794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockpotion23
That was F****** ridiculous!!!!!!! In Ohio, we were taught to tell the officer the very first chance you get to inform that you have a permit and your carrying. With that being said, that cop is the reason why some people really really dont like law enforcement.
Right you are. BUT... If a cop was digging in my backseat like in this situation I woulda said then I was carrying. This cop is still a moron Nazi wannabe.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:29 AM   #12

The video on buckeye firearms points out like 3 or 4 times where he tried to tell the officer he had a weapon and the cop cut him off. This video is hard to watch it shows a very bad cop and a civilian who got taken advantage of. Luckily 99% of cops are not like this, i have been pulled over a couple of times with my ccw and i live in ohio and the officers have been courtious to me and never given me a hard time. The officer in that video was wrong and thankful fired but to me he seems to be the exception and not the rule if you know what i mean

Old 03-08-2012, 02:26 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4345 Times on 2794 Posts

Ncc, I see what you mean. I missed him trying to announce the ccw. I'm not anti police, with one and one former in my immediate family. I think this might have been a case of the academy instructors tired of the bonehead and passing him to get rid of him. What the h@#$ is this idiot gonna put on his application for his next job? Think about this the next time we complain about a burger. "I outta shoot your dumb a$$ right here for b@#$#$@g about your food!"

Old 03-08-2012, 02:35 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
This officer is obviously out of control and should never speak to anyone like that.
Unfortunately this guy is clearly in a car with a prostitute, between that and having a firearm he is very likely going to do jail time.
I'm not familiar with the laws there as I'm from MA, but in this state you do not disclose you have a weapon unless you are asked.
There is a licensing officer. They should know if you have a license to carry. If you have done nothing wrong there is no need for disclosure. But the way things are written here everything is up to the discretion of the officer, meaning you could be arrested for having a black powder revolver on you even though it isn't a gun.

I respect anyone who is willing to go out and risk their life to better the community or country but with that comes the responsibility to be worthy of that respect. This officer is not and it's a damn shame.
In Ohio you are required by law to inform the officer immediately that you are a concealed carry permit holder and are carrying.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:40 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 154 Times on 91 Posts

My wife is from canton we were up there last month didnt get pulled over after i saw this im glad i didnt LOL

Old 03-08-2012, 03:30 AM   #16

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

The lack of respect and professionalism shown by this officer is absurd but not surprising. I had a similar traffic stop happen to me. I was pulled over by a state trooper, I alerted the officer that there was a firearm in the car, she then took my handgun and threatened to confinscate it. I then told her that if she did she was also taking me too and she would then be explaining to her superior why she took a legally carried firearm from a law abiding citizen for no reason. She then looked at me, handed me back my gun and released me. It is amazing to me that police officers think they can bully us like that! Know your rights and stand up for them.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:36 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1879 Times on 1104 Posts
Likes Given: 330

I was advised by my attorney that if an officer requests you hand over your firearm, to immediately ask for a supervisor to be a witness to the officer asking you to commit a crime by touching your firearm in his or her presence. Now, MI law also adds for legal purposes, and the request may be defined as legal, but why would you want to be handling a firearm in an already stressful situation? The person might be carrying a glock and we all know those go off all by themselves

Old 03-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I don't know that I could live with myself if something like that happened to me and I didn't take action at some point to level all the bad karma.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #19

Liked 1547 Times on 901 Posts
Likes Given: 2491

The "passenger" was a hooker, which was apparently the reason for stopping him. Likely the cop was already pissed off. Then there was the possession of a gun during the commission of a felony. But, then why was he not just arrested? It looks like the cop was getting some kind of ego/power trip by abusing him. Man, 15 minutes of throwing a tantrum by a man who was supposed to be able to calmly do his job? He should have been fired.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #20

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

The cop definitely didn't handle the situation well, considering the man wasn't being disorderly. But... if you want to have and keep a CCW permit, I would suggest not having your known hooker friends hang around outside your car window haha. That alone will get you arrested and I promise the cop won't believe your claim that she's your "friend and just needed a ride"