ohio traffic stop ( ccw )
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > ohio traffic stop ( ccw )

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default ohio traffic stop ( ccw )

During my ccw class on sunday my instructor asked us if we had seen this youtube video...
OHIO traffic stop

By no means do I think these officers represent ALL police, but was shocked to watch the way these officers treated this ccw permit holder. I do understand that patrol officers have a very stressful job and have to deal with an incredible amount of bullS, but the comments to this guy were over the top by any account. 18 minutes long, but I bet you watch till the ending. Btw would've posted link but not sure how, lol

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #2

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

WOW, I couldn't even watch the whole video with out getting sick.

I agree that this doesn't represent even a small portion of LEO's, but it seems that there is one in every crowd on either side of the badge.

What is not shown is the reason for being pulled over to start with, and in today's world traffic stops are more dangerous than ever before, but I feel that this was over the top as to what should have taken place.

Here is the link that I saw,

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #3

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

it just pisses me off to no end to see someone representing the badge in such a manner. There's no way that dumb ass doesn't know there's a dash board camera, so that suggests to me this was something he thought was 'cool' and acceptable.

What a ****ing moron. Strip him of his job.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

This officer is obviously out of control and should never speak to anyone like that.
Unfortunately this guy is clearly in a car with a prostitute, between that and having a firearm he is very likely going to do jail time.
I'm not familiar with the laws there as I'm from MA, but in this state you do not disclose you have a weapon unless you are asked.
There is a licensing officer. They should know if you have a license to carry. If you have done nothing wrong there is no need for disclosure. But the way things are written here everything is up to the discretion of the officer, meaning you could be arrested for having a black powder revolver on you even though it isn't a gun.

I respect anyone who is willing to go out and risk their life to better the community or country but with that comes the responsibility to be worthy of that respect. This officer is not and it's a damn shame.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #5

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
you know what I should have done is stepped back 2 feet pulled my glock 40 and just put 10 bullets in your ass and let you drop, and I wouldnt have lost any sleep . and he would have been a nice witness as I executed you , cuz your stupid.
I cannot believe this just came out of his mouth, Im not a LEO nor have a CCW because I live in the shiester state of IL. However I have several friends that are great LEOs and this crap would have never come out of any of their mouths . I understand his frustration but you cannot say the things is he is saying to the CCW holder . Yes he should have told the LEO he had a CCW permit and that he had a firearm with him first thing. That still doesnt make it right for what happened . My guess he forgot about the recorder rolling and his actions got out of control.
Good guestimate says he is looking for a new job or pushing papers now

Last edited by purehavoc; 03-06-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #6

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

The "officer" in question is no longer law enforcement. He was fired for his lack of intelligence and professionalism. Farve (if you've ever seen super troopers exists in every dept) this guy was their Farve.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8158
This is the link to the story confirming his dismissal and the affirmation that indeed rogue cops don't get to treat law abiding citizens in this matter. Threatening to kill a law abiding citizen who you have wrongfully placed in cuffs is not going to fly, ever.

The lack of intelligence I speak of stems from the fact that he knew he had a dash cam and microphone and still thought it ok to verbally assault a citizen he had wrongfully placed in detention. If this "officer" had shut his hole for 2 seconds he would have realized he had the situation read wrong. Douchebag cop no more. The city of Canton did the world a favor.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #7

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 21

As in all professions some people are better than others. The buffoon in this video is an embarrassment to law enforcement everywhere. Being firm and tough is not by itself bad but this guy obviously has a big head because he is wearing a badge.

Last edited by BlueTurf; 03-07-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #8

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDefenseofLiberty View Post
The "officer" in question is no longer law enforcement. He was fired for his lack of intelligence and professionalism. Farve (if you've ever seen super troopers exists in every dept) this guy was their Farve.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8158
This is the link to the story confirming his dismissal and the affirmation that indeed rogue cops don't get to treat law abiding citizens in this matter. Threatening to kill a law abiding citizen who you have wrongfully placed in cuffs is not going to fly, ever.

The lack of intelligence I speak of stems from the fact that he knew he had a dash cam and microphone and still thought it ok to verbally assault a citizen he had wrongfully placed in detention. If this "officer" had shut his hole for 2 seconds he would have realized he had the situation read wrong. Douchebag cop no more. The city of Canton did the world a favor.
I'm very glad to hear this!

Oh, and I couldn't agree more.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

That was F****** ridiculous!!!!!!! In Ohio, we were taught to tell the officer the very first chance you get to inform that you have a permit and your carrying. With that being said, that cop is the reason why some people really really dont like law enforcement.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #10

WOW!! What an ******* of a cop. The lack of him doing his job and standing around could've been a reason as to why he would've gotten shot. If would've questioned the driver b4 hand it would've never went that far What if the driver was some punk thug and didnt care, that video wouldn't of made it 18 minutes, it would've been evidence of cop being murdered in cold blood. I'm not saying that's a reason for anyone cop or civilian to be shot, but to be more proactive insead of reactive.