Ohio couple saves beaten woman - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Ohio couple saves beaten woman

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

You know the first time I watched that video was on my phone so it was kind of choppy. I just watched it again on my laptop. You mean to tell me it's ok to point guns at children, as the reporter said "their not law enforcement" how much training do these people have.From what I have been told (and I'm sure someone will dispute this even if I'm right) but LEO's only have to qualify twice a year with their duty issued sidearm . Not to mention it was three people two of which were males, sounds like a ass whoopin! should have been in place, bottom line is they had more options than many of peoples post on here are giving, not one person on here mentioned the 3rd individual . After watching that video again and reading some of the comments posted it's obvious many of you can't wait to pull your gun out. And i still find it funny that they're in a helicopter looking for drugs with their free time. These people are looking for trouble and I'm sorry they are going to find it.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:15 PM   #52

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Fact: repeated blows to the head causes severe damage and can and has caused DEATH.

Fact: When you are punched in the head your brain gets hit twice.

Fact: If a man hits a women he needs to be either A. kicked in the junk till it falls off then choked with it. B. Shot in the junk. C. Shot in the dam face.

Fact: many times with a firearm is drawn the fight/crime ends without a shot being fired.

Question: does Ohio have the castle doctrine? If so does it also count for your body. If it does then I/ you/ we/ her/ him don't have to run away from someone trying to cause I/ you/ we/ her/ him or someone else harm.

Fact: by drawing their firearm they stopped the attack. That is the whole entire purpose of CCW.

Fact: armedanrdy you are not armed and you sure weren't ready for the can of fight you opened up.

Fact: boxers can hit with a force of up to 1300# of force. How do you know this is not a boxed backing a 1000# punch.

Question: There was a child involved. How do you know that after this suspected douche bag finished beating his wife/ gf/ whatever to death that he would not have turned on to an even more defenseless subject of the child? I have found that men who are so tough they beat up women also are so tough that they beat up children as well.

It is hard to get involved in a DD weather it is at a home or in a parking lot. You just don't know whats going on.

Could they have maybe handled it better well of course they could have walked up and shot the suspected douche bag in the face. In this case the couple was in fear of not only the life of the women but also the child. This would cause me to act in the same fashion as they did.

If you would not then you are scum and you should not be allowed to breath the same air as anyone else on this board.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:26 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by armedanrdy View Post
im glad the couple helped the woman that was being beating.however when you read the penal code there was no deadly force being used, so i dont understand wht they pulled there guns.
I'm just going to sway away from an adult conversation with you and say this:
1. you're in NYC and seem to suffer from the BS that those pricks have drilled into your brain so you're an idiot.

2. In multiple jurisdictions it is said that you can draw your firearm in the defense of your life and someone else's. If you don't think that him beating her head in was cause for alarm I seriously think you should take a look at some boxing matches as well as MMA fights etc. Ever heard of TBI(traumatic brain injury)? That's just one of the things that are associated with getting your head beat in.

3. How about you stop Monday night quarterbacking, because you never know how you'll react in a "life threatening" situation.

Oh and 4. grammar and punctuation apparently aren't your friend!
[http://mercop.wordpress.com
http://www.themensroomonline.net/

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
Certified (Traveling) Notary State Of FL

Old 12-13-2010, 02:34 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsavy View Post
You know the first time I watched that video was on my phone so it was kind of choppy. I just watched it again on my laptop. You mean to tell me it's ok to point guns at children, as the reporter said "their not law enforcement" how much training do these people have.From what I have been told (and I'm sure someone will dispute this even if I'm right) but LEO's only have to qualify twice a year with their duty issued sidearm . Not to mention it was three people two of which were males, sounds like a ass whoopin! should have been in place, bottom line is they had more options than many of peoples post on here are giving, not one person on here mentioned the 3rd individual . After watching that video again and reading some of the comments posted it's obvious many of you can't wait to pull your gun out. And i still find it funny that they're in a helicopter looking for drugs with their free time. These people are looking for trouble and I'm sorry they are going to find it.
The helicopter looking for drugs thing is pretty hilarious, but you cannot dispute what the couple did.
You're not LE so you have no idea what qualifications are taken. Each agency has its own benchmarks as for training so don't always believe what you hear. Knowledge is power my friend and you should have some before you go spewing trash out of your mouth.

I'm so tired of you people who claim to freaking know it all. Ever been in any of these situations yourself? Ever been shot at? Ever had to deal with a "life threatening" situation for yourself, a loved one, or a random person? If not then you have no clue the kind of things that are going through someones head when they're put in a situation like this. There reaction was warranted and justified.

If you're a concealed carry weapon permit holder and would not intervene then you shouldn't have a damn permit. HTFU
[http://mercop.wordpress.com
http://www.themensroomonline.net/

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
Certified (Traveling) Notary State Of FL

Old 12-13-2010, 04:04 PM   #55
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

After not being on-line all weekend it seems like I am coming in way on the tail end of the discussion. However, I do find myself wanting to add my .02.

Someone (I can't remember who) early on in the discussion asked if you would get involved if you were unarmed. The answer is yes, I have. I wasn't armed, I saw a situation that needed attention and I got involved, not my brother who was with me, not the people I had to walk past to get there, . . . . me. And I'd do it again. Did it require that I go Cro-Magnon medieval ninja, no. But everyone went home none the worse for wear.

armedanrdy, at first you reply "im glad the couple helped the woman that was being beating", but then take a stance on level of force to respond. You state that you carry pepper spray, a knife and a firearm, so you are prepared for different threat levels? That logic is akin to saying "I am only going to wound my attacker so he'll stop attacking me." And if that is the case why are you carrying a firearm at all?

Old 12-13-2010, 05:03 PM   #56

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I agree, armed or not, I would intervene.

I intervened when a neighbor of mine (long ago) was puching his pregnant girlfriend around in the front yard.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:03 PM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

This thread encapsulates the CCW situation in a nutshell.

At this point it's:

Armed and ready, I suggest you browse the other firearm related threads rather than just this one. Otherwise, you may be considered a troll with an anti gun agenda. You have 14 posts in this thread. I'm just sayin'.

Thread closed.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Last edited by CA357; 12-13-2010 at 05:05 PM.

Closed Thread