Ohio couple saves beaten woman - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Ohio couple saves beaten woman

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2010, 08:35 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by armedanrdy View Post
do either of you have a ccw license.do you know the responsibility,do you know what the penal code says.not rumars from a wannabe ccw holder web site.boxing is a sport by the way

Ummm, yes I have a passing acquaintance with several different State penal codes and actually I’m getting my Texas concealed carry right now. My wife Glasshartt and I tend to have discussions, pretty much daily, on the law, domestic situations, how to respond to situations, weapons usage, pepper spray, batons, tasers, and a whole lot of other stuff. Actually, I would say with complete confidence that Glasshartt and I know the responsibilities and legalities of CCW in Texas, New Mexico and a couple of other States. I don’t think we would be called wannabe CCW holders.

Scubie

Old 12-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #22

Quote:
all im saying is they broke the law by useing there weapons like a magic wand.hokus pokus get away from the girl

You are really making an assumption here. You don’t know that they would not have shot the guy if he did not stop hitting the girl. Many times a police officer in the same situation would tell the guy to stop what he was doing prior to shooting him. There are many variables to a situation that determine what type of action could be taken. To say they broke the law by using their weapons like a magic wand is dumb unless you were there and saw it and heard them yelling “Hocus Pocus Stop”.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:49 PM   #23

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

armedanrdy -

To answer a few of your misconceptions,

If you are in a life and death struggle with an unarmed individual and in fear for your life, lethal force is justified. Especially if they tell you in advance they are going to effin kill you.

If some douche bag is beating hell out of his girlfriend and you fear for her life, you are justified in using lethal force to stop the threat.

Carrying a Weapon carries with it some very real responsibilities. Knowing what those responsibilities are is pivotal upon one being issued a permit to carry concealed, not just whether you can hit paper at 10 feet with your weapon.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:24 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
...heard them yelling “Hocus Pocus Stop”.
Nah, it's "abracadabra" for "stop beating that chick"; "hocus pocus stop" is for armed robberies.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #25
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2163 Times on 1177 Posts
Likes Given: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Nah, it's "abracadabra" for "stop beating that chick"; "hocus pocus stop" is for armed robberies.
I thought it was "alla peanut butter sandwiches".

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 12-10-2010, 11:13 PM   #26

Quote:
stop quoting magazines please and read the PENAL code in your state you can use a force to stop a force being used against you fear for your life is not in the penal code.

Armedanrdy,

Tell you what buddy, you just sit back and watch someone get beaten to death and do nothing because you are not threatened. People like that are the reason our society is the way it is. You must be a lawyer or a lawyer wannabe. Let me make this perfectly clear...... PENAL Codes are like any law and are deliberately vague and open for interpretation because NOTHING is black and white, right or wrong. If it was then killing someone would be murder and apply to anyone, criminals, police, and crime victims. Then if you defended yourself from someone trying to kill you and you killed them you would be arrested. It is the TOTALITY OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES that determines if an act is lawful or not.

Old 12-11-2010, 01:01 AM   #27

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

I think the good samaratins were quite prudent in the situation. They didnt shoot the guy. They were "armedanrdy".

You should change your screen name to "armedanrdy to watch a lady get beat to death.

Old 12-11-2010, 01:58 AM   #28
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
all i said was not to pull out the weapon when it wasnt totally called for.i didnt say not to help ,the penal code is black and white.can i ask you if youve been arrested b4,is that why you dont have a ccw.and if i may have you been beaten up before
You may want to know that Dzscubie is in law enforcement and I am sure he is well versed in penal code.

Punctuation is your friend.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:44 AM   #29
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2163 Times on 1177 Posts
Likes Given: 783

My word this guy is a real piece of work.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 12-11-2010, 05:27 AM   #30

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
stop quoting magazines please and read the PENAL code in your state you can use a force to stop a force being used against you fear for your life is not in the penal code.
Here you go:

161.200 Choice of evils. (1) Unless inconsistent with other provisions of chapter 743, Oregon Laws 1971, defining justifiable use of physical force, or with some other provision of law, conduct which would otherwise constitute an offense is justifiable and not criminal when:

(a) That conduct is necessary as an emergency measure to avoid an imminent public or private injury; and

(b) The threatened injury is of such gravity that, according to ordinary standards of intelligence and morality, the desirability and urgency of avoiding the injury clearly outweigh the desirability of avoiding the injury sought to be prevented by the statute defining the offense in issue.

(2) The necessity and justifiability of conduct under subsection (1) of this section shall not rest upon considerations pertaining only to the morality and advisability of the statute, either in its general application or with respect to its application to a particular class of cases arising thereunder. [1971 c.743 §20]

161.219 Limitations on use of deadly physical force in defense of a person. Notwithstanding the provisions of ORS 161.209, a person is not justified in using deadly physical force upon another person unless the person reasonably believes that the other person is:

(1) Committing or attempting to commit a felony involving the use or threatened imminent use of physical force against a person; or

(2) Committing or attempting to commit a burglary in a dwelling; or

(3) Using or about to use unlawful deadly physical force against a person. [1971 c.743 §23]

161.225 Use of physical force in defense of premises. (1) A person in lawful possession or control of premises is justified in using physical force upon another person when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes it necessary to prevent or terminate what the person reasonably believes to be the commission or attempted commission of a criminal trespass by the other person in or upon the premises.

(2) A person may use deadly physical force under the circumstances set forth in subsection (1) of this section only:

(a) In defense of a person as provided in ORS 161.219; or

(b) When the person reasonably believes it necessary to prevent the commission of arson or a felony by force and violence by the trespasser.

(3) As used in subsection (1) and subsection (2)(a) of this section, “premises” includes any building as defined in ORS 164.205 and any real property. As used in subsection (2)(b) of this section, “premises” includes any building. [1971 c.743 §25]

I just simplified it from legaleze!

People get the government they deserve.

Last edited by dunerunner; 12-11-2010 at 05:34 AM.

Closed Thread