Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Ohio couple saves beaten woman

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 02:25 PM   #1
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2008 Times on 1090 Posts
Likes Given: 724

Default Ohio couple saves beaten woman

Another interesting video from Frontsight.

Pay attention to the end of the video. Many of the couple's friends didn't agree with what they did and thought they should have just left well alone.

What is wrong with people? Have we really become such a callous society that people would rather just leave a woman to be beat rather than intervene?

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Last edited by ScottA; 11-16-2010 at 02:27 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-16-2010, 02:39 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
Have we really become such a callous society that people would rather just leave a woman to be beat rather than intervene?
Yes. Yes we have. In this day and age it is much easier to pretend we don't see anything than to actually risk getting involved.

We had this proven recently here in the Seattle area where some girls were beating the hell out of another girl in a transit tunnel and people video taped it, but no one stepped in to help. (note: turned out the girl getting her ass kicked deserved it as she was a multiple offender and had TWO assault and robbery charges pending, but no one knew that at the time).

It has been said many times, but in a rape situation women are encouraged to yell FIRE because it will illicit a faster and more positive response.

As tango has indicated, we have a land filled with effing douches masquerading as men these days.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:46 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8429 Times on 3655 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

Saw a shirt once- said "If you see me being beaten, put down the fricking camera and HELP ME!"

Not anything new- ever hear of Kitty Genovese?Murder of Kitty Genovese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 11-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #4

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

"People wondered why they got involved in the first place?" What kind of people would, given the fact that the guy was beating the "crap" out of this gal, think that you shouldn't get involved?

Great story, they probably saved her life!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:44 AM   #5

"Character is what you do when no one's watching" or something like that.

Good way to know who the heroes are.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #6
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6754 Times on 4081 Posts
Likes Given: 8069

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Saw a shirt once- said "If you see me being beaten, put down the fricking camera and HELP ME!"

Not anything new- ever hear of Kitty Genovese?Murder of Kitty Genovese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
C3, I remember that case well and I STILL don't understand how people could have heard that situation and not done anything.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:22 AM   #7

It is nice to see that the police where grateful and all that jazz. I think people should in the most general way stand up for others.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:58 AM   #8

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

This really pisses me off. Those that questioned the couple for intervining should get an a$$ woopin. The one caveat, they need there mouths sealed with duct tape because you know they would be the first and quickest to start screamin for help. I would stand there and watch for a while, eat a tub of popcorn, and then step in and end the beat down. I would then reply that I was only trying to be a good witness.

In all actuallity, if I knew someone that was against intervention was getting their a$$ kicked, I would imediately intervene. In good conscience, I might think they deserve an attitude adjustment, I dont think I could allow myself to allow them to get beat.

People that are impulsive, and usually end up in jail, say that it is easy to do bad things and just act. If I every come to a situation where I "want" do bad, no matter how little, it takes every fiber in me to force myself to do bad.

At the end of the day, I the situation above ever did arise, I would go home feeling good. And the isolationist person probably wouldnt even be thankful and say nothing. What ever happened to pride, morals, character, honor, courage, commitment, or even the resemblance of a spine???

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 11-24-2010, 11:45 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I don't understand how someone could not get involved. If I saw that and was unarmed I would still have gotten involved. He may very well be able to beat my butt but he's going to have to prove it before I let him beat a woman in my presence.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 12-05-2010, 11:19 PM   #10

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by armedanrdy View Post
im glad the couple helped the woman that was being beating.however when you read the penal code there was no deadly force being used, so i dont understand wht they pulled there guns.
Have you ever seen first hand what a man can do to a woman when he beats her?? Do you realize how strong you hit when you hit something? Especially when you are angry. Guess not if you have to ask a question like that.

Sorry. But deadly force or not she could have been killed from the beating. Swelling of the brain, internal damage, etc.

How old were the couple that stopped the man, were they smaller then him? They did what they had to do stop him. I would do no less in there place.

Closed Thread