Office defense - what do YOU do? - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Office defense - what do YOU do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 03:13 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

I work at a call/processing center for a large bank. Forgot that part

Old 10-09-2013, 03:28 AM   #72
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

my office space is filled with many items that can be used effectively as weapons if needed!

Old 10-09-2013, 03:39 AM   #73

Liked 56 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I work for a major corporation and bringing a firearm to work is an instant firing. But I always have a hand gun in my car, as does my boss. I carry two pocket knives that would hopefully let me get to my car if the SHTF. Of course, if I knew before driving to work one day that the S was going to HTF THAT DAY for sure, my lunch bag would be packing a few guns.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #74
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2033 Times on 1062 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGlamis View Post
Of course, if I knew before driving to work one day that the S was going to HTF THAT DAY for sure, my lunch bag would be packing a few guns.
if I knew the S was going to HTF that day, I would quickly forget about my business and get my family somewhere safe

My office defense situation is geared towards self defense situations. I am in the trucking business, and while the average truck driver is a hard working, sane person, there are some real dangerous characters driving truck and in my experience the majority of longhaul drivers I know carry in their cab. Unfortunately, I have to give the gents bad news from time to time and some take it better than others.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I used to work for "the phone company" in Indianapolis. I didn't know because I never asked, but guns were taboo. Since I didn't know, I carried a Charter Arms Bulldog Pug .44 SPL in a clip-on holster in my boot (I wore western boots for ankle support). There was a jerk who was always after my wife, who also worked there. He was always making remarks to put me down in front of her so I guess he thought she'd think he was "cool" and let him have "his way" with her. One day I was sitting in a class, and the instructor pointed at the floor in front of me. My gun had fallen out and was lying on the floor. Red-faced, I put it back in my boot. Well, the story got around to "Mr. Cool", and from that day forward he never said a word to me or my wife. I was not disciplined for the gun, but was warned not to bring it to work any more.