Office defense - what do YOU do? - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Office defense - what do YOU do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 06:05 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

Go get a used syringe; that would back me up outta your space. Maybe you could set up a dart board with a few pretend used syringes in it and label a cup of them "complaint department".

Ha! Good idea. I just might try that next time

Old 10-03-2013, 06:08 AM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 921 Times on 579 Posts
Likes Given: 4839

Quote:
Originally Posted by spack762 View Post
I also work at a medical building. And the Admin is very anti gun. Me, security, can't use anything stronger than harsh language. I know several people who have a ccw, but none of them have them at work. Its in a good part of town, but its still a target. We try to very visual in our patroling. But it only takes one BG to change policy, I just hope no one gets hurt.
I feel your pain. I work security for a residential building very close to some bad parts of Boston. The Board and Building Manager are pro gun, but for liability and insurance reasons they kept the Developer's no weapons policy, but we are allowed to have pepper spray.

However, due to a couple of instances of almost being mugged (me), my manager lets me carry to and from, just not while on duty - but, it's always next to me. Luckily, there hasn't been a need for it while here. Though, we are across from a state building, and there are generally a dozen or so State Troopers as well as Boston cops right out front - if needed.

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 10-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #63
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3387 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

Yeah. Or get every service members qualified on the M9 (could easily happen in Boot Camp) and make us carry it in garrison.

Really wouldn't be that hard to logisticiate, really.
And of course, if active duty were allowed to carry on base, well it was already said.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I guess the reason some businesses and office building management refuse to let employees carry while in the building is that they are afraid of being sued if some perp comes in and gets removed from the gene pool. Also, they have to consider that they'd need to make sure the armed people have proper permits in states that issue them. That would be a logistic problem, and would result in a lot of the people who can't/won't carry raising hell about the ones who do. So they just say "no guns".
In other words, the management takes the road hat is easy for them at the cost of putting the whole workforce at risk.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #65

Liked 2057 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
In other words, the management takes the road hat is easy for them at the cost of putting the whole workforce at risk.
that, and so many simply believe that something horrible could never happen at their workplace. that, and they are afraid that by allowing guns at work, someone will shoot their co-workers. which I am pretty sure, not having the mind of a psycho-killer, but my guess would be - the rule would not make them re-consider a shooting spree. just guessing here, mind you....

Old 10-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #66

Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post

I feel your pain. I work security for a residential building very close to some bad parts of Boston. The Board and Building Manager are pro gun, but for liability and insurance reasons they kept the Developer's no weapons policy, but we are allowed to have pepper spray.

However, due to a couple of instances of almost being mugged (me), my manager lets me carry to and from, just not while on duty - but, it's always next to me. Luckily, there hasn't been a need for it while here. Though, we are across from a state building, and there are generally a dozen or so State Troopers as well as Boston cops right out front - if needed.
Our PD is really good and fast at resondibg to anything we have at the medical center. No pepperspray for us. Althought I am licensed to carry. Company also says no to tasers. I think because we'd tase each other
rn-cindy Likes This 
Old 10-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #67

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M605
I work in a hospital, a tactical pen (that's right I said pen, Google it) is all I can get away with.
I'm currently in my Senior year of high school so I do the same.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #68

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
I live in a state where you can ban guns on premise. Since I am the 'boss' here, guess what? Yep - bring'em if you gottem', Joe, because nobody shoots up an office that isn't a soft target anyway!

What do you do at the office/work?
What company do you own, where is it and most importantly....can i come work for you? I wish more work-places were like this.
chloeshooter Likes This 
Old 10-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #69

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Glock 21 in the desk drawer & 12ga within reach. I office at home. Werd.
People Like This 
Old 10-09-2013, 03:12 AM   #70

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

I work in a big corporate building with multiple buildings and multiple floors.. Not even supposed to have my pocket knife but that's too bad I take that every day lol