Office defense - what do YOU do? - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Office defense - what do YOU do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I also work at a medical building. And the Admin is very anti gun. Me, security, can't use anything stronger than harsh language. I know several people who have a ccw, but none of them have them at work. Its in a good part of town, but its still a target. We try to very visual in our patroling. But it only takes one BG to change policy, I just hope no one gets hurt.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2292 Times on 1363 Posts
Likes Given: 1231

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
I live in a state where you can ban guns on premise. Since I am the 'boss' here, guess what? Yep - bring'em if you gottem', Joe, because nobody shoots up an office that isn't a soft target anyway!

What do you do at the office/work?
Thank you! It is good to see someone with some common sense who is the 'boss'!
The last time I was the 'boss' I worked were the policy of the Mat-Su Borough was 'no guns', but I carried a SP 101 on me the whole time I worked there and I had two employees who I knew had guns in the their bags. I called it my 'don't ask, don't tell' policy!
People Like This 
Old 10-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #53

Liked 2056 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by spack762 View Post
I also work at a medical building. And the Admin is very anti gun. Me, security, can't use anything stronger than harsh language. I know several people who have a ccw, but none of them have them at work. Its in a good part of town, but its still a target. We try to very visual in our patroling. But it only takes one BG to change policy, I just hope no one gets hurt.
Do you have to go thru metal detectors or are you subject to random friskings? if not, the only way anyone is going to find out you carry at work is if you have to save their fricken' life someday (poetic justice, you save the Admin from certain death).
Mason609 Likes This 
Old 10-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #54

Liked 2056 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Thank you! It is good to see someone with some common sense who is the 'boss'!
The last time I was the 'boss' I worked were the policy of the Mat-Su Borough was 'no guns', but I carried a SP 101 on me the whole time I worked there and I had two employees who I knew had guns in the their bags. I called it my 'don't ask, don't tell' policy!
thanks. amazing how civil strapped folks are to one another (who are neither crips nor bloods)

Old 10-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2292 Times on 1363 Posts
Likes Given: 1231

Quote:
Two of the best oxymorons I can think of:
1. Unarmed security
2. rap music

Last edited by JimRau; 10-02-2013 at 07:51 PM.
People Like This 
Old 10-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #56

Liked 1415 Times on 837 Posts
Likes Given: 437

I work at The Navy Yard. We have police and military security on the gates, armed contract security in every building and a response force that includes rockets, why would I ever need to carry in such a secure environment....

People Like This 
Old 10-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
I work at The Navy Yard. We have police and military security on the gates, armed contract security in every building and a response force that includes rockets, why would I ever need to carry in such a secure environment....

Seriously, after that attack are any of your coworkers wearing bullet-resistant vests? I would be walking in with full body armor and a helmet for a while after that kind of mess.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #58

Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post

Two of the best oxymorons I can think of:
1. Unarmed security
2. rap music
lol I posted to soon. Our ER is in lock down do to possible outside action. I sitin in reception ready to use my harsh language as active shooter repellent. Yep, it's a good day.
orangello Likes This 
Old 10-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
lol I posted to soon. Our ER is in lock down do to possible outside action. I sitin in reception ready to use my harsh language as active shooter repellent. Yep, it's a good day.
Go get a used syringe; that would back me up outta your space. Maybe you could set up a dart board with a few pretend used syringes in it and label a cup of them "complaint department".

Old 10-03-2013, 04:49 AM   #60

Liked 285 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I work in a factory, when I get to work I lock my firearm in my tool box and go about my business. If anything were to happen that I needed to get my firearm. I know all the short cuts and the fastest way to get to my tool box. I cant carry my firearm around while fixing machines so this will have to do.