Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Office defense - what do YOU do? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/office-defense-what-do-you-do-98006/)

chloeshooter 10-01-2013 03:36 PM

Office defense - what do YOU do?

1 Attachment(s)
I live in a state where you can ban guns on premise. Since I am the 'boss' here, guess what? Yep - bring'em if you gottem', Joe, because nobody shoots up an office that isn't a soft target anyway!

What do you do at the office/work?

CaseyChadwell 10-01-2013 03:43 PM

Love the fact that you allow your employees to bring their weapons to work! Need more bosses like you. As for me, working in a factory and in construction, they don't allow firearmsto be brought in the plant or on the construction ssites. If it were me, a nice short 22 gauge would be nice under the desk. :-)

CaseyChadwell 10-01-2013 03:45 PM

12 gauge*

I don't know what's going on with my fingers this morning...

txpossum 10-01-2013 03:48 PM

I run my own office. There's always been a firearm out of sight, but handy.

Argyle_Armoring 10-01-2013 03:49 PM

I'm in law enforcement so we're kinda required to bring ours to work.

AIKIJUTSU 10-01-2013 03:51 PM

I work in a research lab associated with a college (Clemson U) in South Carolina. CWP holders can have a loaded gun locked in the glove box or other locked box in our cars while on the premises. If the SHTF, if we can get to a gun and bring it in to face the threat, that's OK, per the Klemson Kampus Kops. But otherwise it can't be brought inside the building. My problem with that is the time and logistics involved to get out of the building and get to the gun, and unless you're anxious to come back in to play dead hero, I'm not sure it wouldn't be better to just get in the car and drive away. I probably would come back in with the gun and try to do what I can, because my conscience would haunt me forever if I didn't.

orangello 10-01-2013 03:52 PM

I work in a small firm, mostly family; there is almost always a pistol in my desk drawer and ALWAYS one up front in the secretary's purse (my sister with my long lost Bersa thunder .380).

chloeshooter 10-01-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU (Post 1389497)
I work in a research lab associated with a college (Clemson U) in South Carolina. CWP holders can have a loaded gun locked in the glove box or other locked box in our cars while on the premises. If the SHTF, if we can get to a gun and bring it in to face the threat, that's OK, per the Klemson Kampus Kops. But otherwise it can't be brought inside the building. My problem with that is the time and logistics involved to get out of the building and get to the gun, and unless you're anxious to come back in to play dead hero, I'm not sure it wouldn't be better to just get in the car and drive away.

I think things happen too fast to go get a gun out of the car. Best bet is break the rules or find a nice escape route!

M605 10-01-2013 04:03 PM

I work in a hospital, a tactical pen (that's right I said pen, Google it) is all I can get away with.

Jagermeister 10-01-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring (Post 1389494)
I'm in law enforcement so we're kinda required to bring ours to work.

Cheater!!!!!!:p