OC in CA on Vacation - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > OC in CA on Vacation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 05:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default OC in Kalifornistan

This info is elsewhere on this forum..but may be helpful here, too, if someone is looking for OC carry info in Kali.

Note that the Kali OC carry law is in the process of being changed. The state assembly voted to BAN open carry. The bill (reported by ABC news to be Assembly Bill 1934) is going to the Kali Senate, then to the governor's desk.

California's assembly voted to ban carrying guns openly in public | abc7news.com

Note also, tht CURRENT Kali OC law prohibits carrying a LOADED weapon!

Something I don't know about the current OC Kali law...a semi-automatic weapon is considered 'loaded' in Oregon even if the weapon does NOT have a clip IN it...IF a loaded clip is at hand.

Is it the same in Kali? Currently, is an OC weapon considered loaded if it's a semi-auto and you have a loaded clip in your pocket?

The US Constituion has been abrogated, abraded, and flat out raped so many times for so many years, it doesn't mean much any more. Yes, states can make their own 'rules'..but supposedly NOT if they are at odds with the Constitution.

Supposedly.......... What a joke THAT has become.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:56 PM   #12

The weapon must be unloaded. In Cali this means you can legally open carry the magazine or revolver clip and the gun separately on your person. Less than 10 round capacity max.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pie8man
The weapon must be unloaded. In Cali this means you can legally open carry the magazine or revolver clip and the gun separately on your person. Less than 10 round capacity max.
Thanks!

I did find that 'unloaded' info later, should have edited my post.

What I read would lead me to question the 10-round capacity max. part, though. It is my understanding that such 'hi-cap' magazines cannot be 'imported' for sale in Ca. NOT that they are illegal to have in your possession.

Granted, this is noted as 'abridged', but THIS from californiaopencarry says nothing about magazine capacity.

Please note, also, that the clip does NOT have to be 'separate' from the weapon, as determined in People vs: Clark in 1996 (from the above document):

...the California Court of Appeal clarified that in order to be “loaded” a firearm must have ammunition “placed into a position from which it can be fired”. It even went so far as to point out as an example of what is not
loaded to include shells attached to a shotgun inside a buttstock shell carrier.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #14

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

This is intended to combat the rampant crime committed by citizens who guns legally. As the stats show, nearly everyone who has ever OCd in california has committed a crime while doing so. Look it up.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields