Observer of Road Rage Incident - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Observer of Road Rage Incident

View Poll Results: What action should be taken by an armed observer?
Call 911 21 60.00%
Tell them to separate 1 2.86%
Stay out of it entirely 10 28.57%
Shoot both and let God sort it out 0 0%
Open 6 pack and place bets 7 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2014, 10:12 AM   #41
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I simply can't stand there and watch two people harm each other. I was okay with their angry exchange of words. I was very worried it would turn to physical violence. I even cover my eyes when a movie is on that shows physical violence. I was rolling down my window to start yelling at them. I'm not sure I actually would have but I wanted to. As a women, I think I would be safe from any physical altercation between two angry men. I've actually stood between two angry men before and simply prayed neither would hit me. Neither did.
as long as it's a mutual agreement between two people to engage in less than polite behaviour and want to bump heads, then i see it as none of my business.

key word is mutual consent to engage in an altercation. i learned a very long time ago to keep my nose out of affairs that were none of my business and to pick my battles accordingly. other people need to learn the same approach.

now if there was the situation where the odds were stacked against one person, or huge difference in size comparison, or a man wailing on a woman or a child, i would probably break my rule of getting involved. and i have on occasion done so in the past.

unless i have a personal stake in the confrontation, i probably am not going to get involved.

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 08-01-2014, 11:08 AM   #42
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8130 Times on 4192 Posts
Likes Given: 9338

LEO's And Warriors are required to make snap judgements and react to what they are responding to on a daily basis. The degree to which they make good vs bad calls is really pretty amazing considering 90% of what they encounter is truly unknown. Their situational awareness is nearly always fortified by Intel and other fairly accurate sources of background that we as John and Jane Q public just dont have when we need it most.

There are no brainer situations out there that require less background than "facts as you observe them" happening. My sense is that they are not as usual as the real "normal" danger close situations that test our capacity to help not hinder a situation were not personally involved in. Way too many movies and books out there that glamorize and promote the "Dudley Dooright/ Batman/ Superman/ Mighty Mouse" principles of saving the day, thats not real and we need to remember that.

Intervention sounds good if you say it fast enough but more bad outcomes than good have been generated by unprepared intermediaries with the best of intentions. React immediately to threats that are impending and imminent to you or yours, otherwise its best to call for help from folks that have the best chance of bringing sufficient and effective resolution without you, a loved one or the person your trying to help dying by playing Hero.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #43

Liked 464 Times on 299 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Do nothing. Just because you're strapped doesn't mean it's any of your business. You're not a cop, floor warden or their dad. Despite their actions, the people involved are adults too. Let them hash it out.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:01 PM   #44

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
LEO's And Warriors are required to make snap judgements and react to what they are responding to on a daily basis. The degree to which they make good vs bad calls is really pretty amazing considering 90% of what they encounter is truly unknown. Their situational awareness is nearly always fortified by Intel and other fairly accurate sources of background that we as John and Jane Q public just dont have when we need it most.

There are no brainer situations out there that require less background than "facts as you observe them" happening. My sense is that they are not as usual as the real "normal" danger close situations that test our capacity to help not hinder a situation were not personally involved in. Way too many movies and books out there that glamorize and promote the "Dudley Dooright/ Batman/ Superman/ Mighty Mouse" principles of saving the day, thats not real and we need to remember that.

Intervention sounds good if you say it fast enough but more bad outcomes than good have been generated by unprepared intermediaries with the best of intentions. React immediately to threats that are impending and imminent to you or yours, otherwise its best to call for help from folks that have the best chance of bringing sufficient and effective resolution without you, a loved one or the person your trying to help dying by playing Hero.
I am not the hero type. But when some guy runs me off the road and then stops looking for trouble I will stop and oblige him. I can't help myself that is the way I am wired. I am simply going to start punching him in the head without saying a word.

Old 08-01-2014, 02:51 PM   #45

Liked 431 Times on 278 Posts
Likes Given: 1588

When 2 adults decide to fight each other is their busienss and no one else's.

I would not have called the police either, in such situations they often cause more problems than they solve (arrest, charges etc)

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

EVERY DAY MEN WHO WILL FOLLOW ORDERS TO KILL YOU, EXERCISE. DO YOU?