NY non-resident permit,do or dont they exist? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > NY non-resident permit,do or dont they exist?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 88 Times on 56 Posts

And that was supposed to be GLOVE compartment not globe compartment. Oh well!

Old 06-11-2012, 03:19 AM   #22

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I get what y'all are saying , but its not worth a night in jail to prove a point to some j/o who's apperently not gonna get it anyway. I've got kids too they don't need to see that crap. And I don't really have the $ to fight Da' Man. They can have that crime ridden, weirdo attracting sewer pit called Binghamton. Ill take the Great Bend exit as trooper dumbass suggested.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:09 AM   #23

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Are you allowed to transport a handgun thru New York State? If you lock the gun in a box etc. durng transport? Would you be allowed to use the gun on private property during your visit?

Old 06-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #24

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
Are you allowed to transport a handgun thru New York State? If you lock the gun in a box etc. durng transport? Would you be allowed to use the gun on private property during your visit?
Yes to both, if you legally own the gun it's totally legal.

WiliamTF, I understand what you mean but hopefully at least that cop in in the minority.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 06-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #25

Default NY Non-Resident Permit

There actually is a NY non-resident permit, but in order to get it, your principal job or the principal location of your business has to be in New York. The local constabulary that taught me the required safety class to get my permit did not know this, and tried to embarrass me in front of the class, but they had not read Section 400 Para. 3 of the NYS Penal Code which covers this and reads in part: "Applications shall be made and renewed, in the case of a license to carry or possess a pistol or revolver, to the licensing officer in the city or county, as the case may be, where the applicant resides, is principally employed, or has his principal place of business as merchant or storekeeper..."

Further proof that this actually exists came to the front when a Westchester newspaper was sued for publishing the names and addresses of all pistol permits the county had recently issued. This list included people living in CT, VA, FL, and several other states (I believe OH was one, but I'm not sure of that). Obviously, these were folk who either worked principally in NY or had businesses in NY. The suit, by the way, embarrassed Westchester, and now anyone applying for a permit in NY can sign an exemption form that prohibits anyone from publishing him/her as a CHP owner.