NY non-resident permit,do or dont they exist?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > NY non-resident permit,do or dont they exist?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 01:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default NY non-resident permit,do or dont they exist?

As a native NYers i must a few times a year make that 350 mile drive up to see my family,now im a PA LTCF holder and carry when im anywhere in my home state of PA and states with reciprocity,but when i go to ny,i gotta leave the poor thing home ...now on a site thats been posted here many many times,it says that NY Does issue non-resident ccw/carry permits..but uppon calling the county office up in the area i lived i was told that NY doesnt,so my question is when/if i ever decide to tackle the challange of getting a NY carry permit/ccw(i hear a much more involved process compared to pa) so i can carry up into NY...do they even offer them to non residents? and if so are those like special circumstance ones or can anyone get them?

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-27-2012, 02:13 AM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

I looked into it for myself some time ago, and as i understand it if you aren't Military or LE and don't maintain a permenent residence in NY you're SOL

Old 05-27-2012, 02:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaysWithZombies View Post
I looked into it for myself some time ago, and as i understand it if you aren't Military or LE and don't maintain a permenent residence in NY you're SOL
damn well..the idea was there lol,oh well guess my gun just wont see NY soil.

S&W sigma 9mm
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Old 05-27-2012, 02:27 AM   #4

Liked 434 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 1292

www.carryconcealed.net check here i dont know if it will help or not.according to this non resident does not exsist

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Last edited by rifleman1; 05-27-2012 at 02:32 AM.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:41 AM   #5

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

it would be highly unlikey for NY to issue a non-resident carry permit - unless you are LEO or politically connected to someone

good luck - http://www.usacarry.com/new_york_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Last edited by dog2000tj; 05-27-2012 at 02:43 AM.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
it would be highly unlikey for NY to issue a non-resident carry permit - unless you are LEO or politically connected to someone

good luck - http://www.usacarry.com/new_york_concealed_carry_permit_information.html
honestly it was just an idea that id do if it could be done with out alot of hassle and expense,but knowing NY(grew up there till 21) they make things 20x harder/more expensive than it needs to ever be..and idont know any senetors so i guess i'll just deal with being unarmed in NY borders

S&W sigma 9mm

Old 05-27-2012, 02:58 AM   #7

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDMIST89 View Post
honestly it was just an idea that id do if it could be done with out alot of hassle and expense,but knowing NY(grew up there till 21) they make things 20x harder/more expensive than it needs to ever be..and idont know any senetors so i guess i'll just deal with being unarmed in NY borders
In NYS I believe it is the Sheriff's Dept that issues permits, so if you were going to brown nose up to anyone for a permit I would start there

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 05-27-2012, 03:20 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
In NYS I believe it is the Sheriff's Dept that issues permits, so if you were going to brown nose up to anyone for a permit I would start there
haha me and law enforcement arent exactly the best of buds..in fact their that "friend" who talks sh!t and steals stuff from you behind your back.

S&W sigma 9mm

Old 05-27-2012, 03:22 AM   #9

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

There are no non-resident CCW permits in NYS. They do not recognize any other CCW permits from any other State either. If you're not LEO do NOT try to carry here. I hate this liberal Stinkhole!

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 05-27-2012, 03:27 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
There are no non-resident CCW permits in NYS. They do not recognize any other CCW permits from any other State either. If you're not LEO do NOT try to carry here. I hate this liberal Stinkhole!
yup..thats why i got the hell out!..that and the BEST job i could get was min wage kmart job...yaaa that supports me and oh ik not to carry across NY state lines,im not risking a 5-10 in a state penn just cuz i wanna be armed..hell i risk being in handcuffs anyway everytime as it is due to ALOT of outstanding tickets/court cases up there haha

S&W sigma 9mm