You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

NY nazi-ish gun laws..any way round em?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumphman View Post
What could the Police do if you bought a pistol strongbox and locked your "LEGAL" weapon up in the trunk of your vehicle? The Police have to recognize you're out of State and traveling. They can't just overlook the fact you're from Pa. and you having the required CCW from that State. Isn't it Un-Constitutional to give one People have the right to carry arms while another People cannot? Do THEY have the proper CCW permits? NOBODY is ABOVE the LAW. From what I know, the 2nd says that "No one can infringe upon your rights to bear arms", if done according to Law. Just because you're from another State, doesn't mean that a different State's City Laws are grounds for Prison terms because of traveling with a weapon. Just don't bring out the weapon from it's locked box and also have it unloaded with the shells in different portion of vehicle.
Del
You can fly to destination with firearm properly permitted by TSA.
However, if your plane lands in New York City for you to change
flights, the very fact that you have a firearm in NYC is justifiable
to their laws to immediately arrest you. Moral of story: When flying
over NYC make sure it is a direct flight and not one where it is
necessary for you to change flights in NY.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was born and raised in Westchester county (southern part next to the city) It's been 10 years since I left that place! and I don't regret it because living that close to NYC everything was high gas,food rent,tolls,insurance.The only thing I miss is Italian food that good.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #23

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
I was born and raised in Westchester county (southern part next to the city) It's been 10 years since I left that place! and I don't regret it because living that close to NYC everything was high gas,food rent,tolls,insurance.The only thing I miss is Italian food that good.
i understand you there...i grew up near Syracuse,NY and honestly escaped for 9-10 months then life dragged me back but this time when i leave its for good,its for good..NY is just expensive to begin with even were i grew up though i do/will miss the salt patato n Hoffman hotdogs that you cant seem to find anywere but the 315 cuse area. love em
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Old 09-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #24

Quote:
What could the Police do if you bought a pistol strongbox and locked your "LEGAL" weapon up in the trunk of your vehicle? The Police have to recognize you're out of State and traveling. They can't just overlook the fact you're from Pa. and you having the required CCW from that State. Isn't it Un-Constitutional to give one People have the right to carry arms while another People cannot? Do THEY have the proper CCW permits? NOBODY is ABOVE the LAW. From what I know, the 2nd says that "No one can infringe upon your rights to bear arms", if done according to Law. Just because you're from another State, doesn't mean that a different State's City Laws are grounds for Prison terms because of traveling with a weapon. Just don't bring out the weapon from it's locked box and also have it unloaded with the shells in different portion of vehicle.
Del
as i understand NYS law on guns(i could be wrong,and please correct me if i am)..if its not a pistol registered to you and you don't have a CCW permit in NY..its pretty much bringing an unregistered gun into the state,even if its fully PA legal as NY doesnt have reciprocity with PA with gun permits,its not legal to NY standards and therefor if i was found in possession of one,locked in a strong box/unloaded or not it could lead to me having shiny silver bracelets on and a new roomate in a small barred off cell..my theory of "its only illegal if you get caught" only applies so far...lol
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Old 09-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #25

Liked 194 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 316

This is exactly what I was trying to get at...Everyone assumes the whole state is just like NYC......NYC IS terrible...but thats it....the rest of NY is fine....

I can get a shotgun or rifle without a permit and I just need a pistol permit and to be 21 for a handgun....

as someone from New York..... I HATE it when people assume everyone from NY is from the city...

Old 09-13-2011, 08:40 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
as someone from New York..... I HATE it when people assume everyone from NY is from the city...
i hate this too!! ,every time i said i was from NY down in PA i got the same response..."oh what part of the city u from"...i then have to tell em im from the part of the state that everyone forgets about north of NYC..got annoying n since i cant pull off a good NYC accent..i couldnt even play it off as if i was haha

Old 09-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
This is exactly what I was trying to get at...Everyone assumes the whole state is just like NYC......NYC IS terrible...but thats it....the rest of NY is fine....

I can get a shotgun or rifle without a permit and I just need a pistol permit and to be 21 for a handgun....

eh on this though i do not agree..i for one have a ever so slight hatred of my home state,growing up here n getting used to the high taxes,strict gun laws,jobs/pay($10+/hr job in ny=hard to find,$10+/hr job in PA=had one in 3 days)...etc..i thought all places were like this,moved away found that out side ny is better,idk its a matter of opinion and accepting of NYs sometimes nonsensical laws n rules...

Old 09-15-2011, 07:32 AM   #28

Liked 194 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 316

yea but it's only like that because of the damned city....sometimes I wish it would float off as an island or become its own district.....it just hurts the rest of the state.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:03 AM   #29

Default Nys gun laws

Unless your listed as a permanent NYS resident that's the only way around it, For applying for a Unrestricted pistol permit & it depends on the county & the Judge that you live in.?

Old 09-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #30

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Del
NYC has it's own laws and you will be arrested. NYC law does not recognize any CCW issued anywhere else in NY and it says so right on your handgun permit. Totally different laws down there.

NY is a big State and your CCW is legal everywhere in the State except NYC.

Upstate NY is like a different Country compared to NYC. I am Upstate (Adirondack Area ....different world Upstate NY)

OC