NY nazi-ish gun laws..any way round em?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > NY nazi-ish gun laws..any way round em?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default NY nazi-ish gun laws..any way round em?

I got to thinking last night...i plan to conceal carry in PA and that shouldn't be an issue but then i thought that probably 4-5 times a year i have to make the 6hr drive back up to see my family in the Nazi gun law state of NY..Im a NYer after all..anyway id still like to CCW but ik NY doesn't recognize other states permits.So is there anyway to do this?,beside risking 2 yr prison term cuz id like to still carry when i visit my family.

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #2

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Do the crime, do the time.

Enjoy your stay in club fed.

A public forum (if anywhere) is no place to discuss circumvention of the law.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Do the crime, do the time.

Enjoy your stay in club fed.

A public forum (if anywhere) is no place to discuss circumvention of the law.
i wasnt lookin to get round em the illegal way hence why i said "beside risking 2 yr prison term" ,i was wondering if there was a way to LEGALLY do it...some small not very well known loophole,etc...im not risking yrs in prison thank you very much

S&W sigma 9mm
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Old 09-10-2011, 06:04 PM   #4

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

No way around it brother.... Without risking prison time.... I wouldnt take tht chance

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The laws in NY suck, but they're the laws.

You have my sympathy. I'm in California and the laws here are just as bad if not worse.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
No way around it brother.... Without risking prison time.... I wouldnt take tht chance
god damn it -_-.......ya i got a buddy who did time in state prison,n from him talkin bout it,not a place i wanna be EVER,i'll leave my guns in PA on my visits home.

S&W sigma 9mm

Old 09-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
The laws in NY suck, but they're the laws.

You have my sympathy. I'm in California and the laws here are just as bad if not worse.
oh ya...i wanted to buy a pistol when i turned 21 in NY a yr or so ago..but still lived in ny...checked the process out,F that sh!t and waited till i lived in PA...i agree they suck and ik i gotta follow them

S&W sigma 9mm

Old 09-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #8

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

You would need to go through the process of getting a concealed carry permit in NY. Keep in mind that many municipalities have different requirements, procedures and often times agendas.

Since you mentioned that you had already looked into buying a handgun than I assume you are familiar with the basic permitting procedures?

My advice, go back to NY as little as possible ... it's what I do

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 09-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #9

Liked 192 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 315

You might think the requirements are a back breaker...But many people I know went through the process and now cc in NY...I'm from the Buffalo area so it's not AS restricted as "the City" area.....

Just do the do, get your NY license to supplement your PA one.....

You're doing an awful lot of complaining and not much to do to fix your problem.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
You might think the requirements are a back breaker...But many people I know went through the process and now cc in NY...I'm from the Buffalo area so it's not AS restricted as "the City" area.....

Just do the do, get your NY license to supplement your PA one.....

You're doing an awful lot of complaining and not much to do to fix your problem.
to be honest..i don't wanna get the NY one,it takes a long time and honestly im not in NY enough to warrant the cost.I was just asking if there way a way to make a PA one work you know..but there isnt,so ill just leave the guns at home on my visits and as the guy above u said make my visits few n far between.

S&W sigma 9mm