Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   NY nazi-ish gun laws..any way round em? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/ny-nazi-ish-gun-laws-any-way-round-em-48072/)

REDMIST89 09-10-2011 05:40 PM

NY nazi-ish gun laws..any way round em?
 
I got to thinking last night...i plan to conceal carry in PA and that shouldn't be an issue but then i thought that probably 4-5 times a year i have to make the 6hr drive back up to see my family in the Nazi gun law state of NY..Im a NYer after all..anyway id still like to CCW but ik NY doesn't recognize other states permits.So is there anyway to do this?,beside risking 2 yr prison term cuz id like to still carry when i visit my family.

canebrake 09-10-2011 05:54 PM

Do the crime, do the time.

Enjoy your stay in club fed.

A public forum (if anywhere) is no place to discuss circumvention of the law.

REDMIST89 09-10-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 577935)
Do the crime, do the time.

Enjoy your stay in club fed.

A public forum (if anywhere) is no place to discuss circumvention of the law.

i wasnt lookin to get round em the illegal way hence why i said "beside risking 2 yr prison term" ,i was wondering if there was a way to LEGALLY do it...some small not very well known loophole,etc...im not risking yrs in prison thank you very much

MrWray 09-10-2011 06:04 PM

No way around it brother.... Without risking prison time.... I wouldnt take tht chance

CA357 09-10-2011 06:06 PM

The laws in NY suck, but they're the laws.

You have my sympathy. I'm in California and the laws here are just as bad if not worse.

REDMIST89 09-10-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray (Post 577944)
No way around it brother.... Without risking prison time.... I wouldnt take tht chance

god damn it -_-.......ya i got a buddy who did time in state prison,n from him talkin bout it,not a place i wanna be EVER,i'll leave my guns in PA on my visits home.

REDMIST89 09-10-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 577946)
The laws in NY suck, but they're the laws.

You have my sympathy. I'm in California and the laws here are just as bad if not worse.

oh ya...i wanted to buy a pistol when i turned 21 in NY a yr or so ago..but still lived in ny...checked the process out,F that sh!t and waited till i lived in PA...i agree they suck and ik i gotta follow them :mad:

dog2000tj 09-10-2011 06:50 PM

You would need to go through the process of getting a concealed carry permit in NY. Keep in mind that many municipalities have different requirements, procedures and often times agendas. :mad:

Since you mentioned that you had already looked into buying a handgun than I assume you are familiar with the basic permitting procedures? :confused:

My advice, go back to NY as little as possible ... it's what I do ;)

TimL2952 09-10-2011 06:55 PM

You might think the requirements are a back breaker...But many people I know went through the process and now cc in NY...I'm from the Buffalo area so it's not AS restricted as "the City" area.....

Just do the do, get your NY license to supplement your PA one.....

You're doing an awful lot of complaining and not much to do to fix your problem.

REDMIST89 09-10-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy (Post 578000)
You might think the requirements are a back breaker...But many people I know went through the process and now cc in NY...I'm from the Buffalo area so it's not AS restricted as "the City" area.....

Just do the do, get your NY license to supplement your PA one.....

You're doing an awful lot of complaining and not much to do to fix your problem.

to be honest..i don't wanna get the NY one,it takes a long time and honestly im not in NY enough to warrant the cost.I was just asking if there way a way to make a PA one work you know..but there isnt,so ill just leave the guns at home on my visits and as the guy above u said make my visits few n far between.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:19 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.