November 1st, Oklahoma residents get ready

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > November 1st, Oklahoma residents get ready

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 03:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Us Oklahoma boys already know that our right to open carry starts November 1st, but knowing how people are its gonna be a pretty hectic time for a while if you plan on open carry. Its already been stated that anyone with a gun on their side WILL be considered a suspicious person and WILL be treated as such. I already know that alot of LEOS here dont agree with the open carry law so i can see things being rough for people for quite a while until the new wears off.

http://mobile.securityinfowatch.com/news/10719191/oklahoma-authorities-prep-for-open-carry-law

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Last edited by MrWray; 08-02-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #2

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 15

If you want to see how your rights will be violated just youtube open carry, it is happening all over the country where leo's treat open carry as a criminal offense.

Last year here in florida when open carry got gutted due to the liberal Jim Coates, head of the fl. sherrifs assoc. He said all leo's would draw down on anyone open carrying, and civilian gun owners were going to get hurt.....
Big surprise it didn't pass.....

Old 08-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #3

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longrange
If you want to see how your rights will be violated just youtube open carry, it is happening all over the country where leo's treat open carry as a criminal offense.

Last year here in florida when open carry got gutted due to the liberal Jim Coates, head of the fl. sherrifs assoc. He said all leo's would draw down on anyone open carrying, and civilian gun owners were going to get hurt.....
Big surprise it didn't pass.....
I agree, the sheep are gonna be calling on gun owners constantly and there will be alot of harassment occuring. I see it being a mess for quite a while, and i also anticipate some problems unfortunately.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 08-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #4

Alabama is open carry but in all my time living here I have never seen anyone do so.

Concealed permits are super easy to get which is what I have seen most do here.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1149 Times on 749 Posts
Likes Given: 688

i think it would be worth the hassle just to show your using the right. and to see how the police will handle things. also if planning to do so i would be prepared to act and move very slowly so no "mistakes" happen

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 08-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #6

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Police being against open carry is something I don't understand. Seems it'd be much better for the police to have it out in the open rather than wonder if a person is armed or not. Of course if they are against carry of any kind, then it's just giving them an excuse for harassment.

My suggestion is either get the mayors on your side, or replace them. The mayor is the top dog in the local law enforcement. Also need your county commissioners on your side. Then if the police want to harass you, they do so at risk of losing their job.