Notifying law enforcement of concealed weapon - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Notifying law enforcement of concealed weapon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

If your state's laws require you to tell a police officer that you are armed at contact, follow the law. If your state does not have such a law, STFU, but never lie to the police (that is a crime).

Old 03-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock30Owner View Post
If your state's laws require you to tell a police officer that you are armed at contact, follow the law. If your state does not have such a law, STFU, but never lie to the police (that is a crime).
Amen, One thing I may add. If you are traveling to other states, take the time and do the homework. Knowing what is required may save you huge problems.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:46 PM   #43

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock30Owner View Post
I dunno. I got stopped in Indiana once, and I told the officer, even though I know Indiana doesn't require it. He thanked me for telling him, and after a few minutes, I was on my way, WITHOUT a speeding ticket that I very richly deserved.

Big Gay Al
coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
"Of course I carry a gun, you would too if you were called Big Gay Al"

Old 03-09-2010, 12:03 AM   #44

Default What to do.....

I am a career LEO with 34 years of continuous service. Mr. Ayoob has it correct in the video.

Where I work, and live, 80 % or more homes have a firearm. To me, it's no big deal. However, at a traffic stop, please do as Mr. Ayoob advises. He makes mention of key words like"gun" etc. Us old guys don't flinch as some of the newer officers. That doesn't mean we are not ready to react as needed.

Please, to keep everyone from overeacting, keep your hands on the wheel untill asked to do otherwise. Follow your state law. Some officers react differently. My 21 year old son was a passenger in a vehicle stopped for speeding. He had his hand gun, racked open, no shells in the car, in it's holster, in plain view. As the trooper was lighting up the interior of the car, my son correctly told the trooper that he had an unloaded handgun, in plain view, in the car, outside his reach. In our state, that's legal. He was doing what I have told him to do for years. This trooper overreacted, pulled the gun out of the car, physically pulled my son out of the car, searched him, not patted down, there is a difference.

I had a diffecult time explaining this to my son.

Not to write a book here, just be carefull, you do not know how an individual officer will react.

M

Keep your head down!!!!