Not Conceal, but Open Carry about to be illegal in CA! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Not Conceal, but Open Carry about to be illegal in CA!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Trust me. I know. Tons of anti-gun laws, certain firearms we simply cannot buy because they don't have a 'loaded chamber indicator' or something else stupid like the Taurus Judge is illegal because it's considered a 'sawed-off shotgun'. It's bad and getting worse.

Fortunately, we have a Sheriff running for election this year in Orange County that is very pro-gun and will sign any CCW request as long as you pass the courses and background check. Maybe some other things will loosen up as well. We need it.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:51 PM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3487 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

That sounds like an easy prosecution to me.

1) Step One - Spitty is visiting his friend CA357 and is carrying on his hip, with a magazine on the opposite hip as per the law.

2) Step Two - After a night of good food and good chat, CA and Spitty are making their way back to the car when a hooligan approaches and wants their wallets.

3) Step Three - Spitty & CA create enough space from the knife weilding attacker to actually load their weapons and fire.

4) Step Four - Both are prosecuted for shooting a person who was obviously not a concern since they had the ability to get far enough away to draw, load, rack and fire.

5) Step Five - Our two FTF'ers are sharing a cell somewhere less than friendly.

Kalifornia is Effing Crazy Yo!

Old 05-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
That sounds like an easy prosecution to me.

1) Step One - Spitty is visiting his friend CA357 and is carrying on his hip, with a magazine on the opposite hip as per the law.

2) Step Two - After a night of good food and good chat, CA and Spitty are making their way back to the car when a hooligan approaches and wants their wallets.

3) Step Three - Spitty & CA create enough space from the knife weilding attacker to actually load their weapons and fire.

4) Step Four - Both are prosecuted for shooting a person who was obviously not a concern since they had the ability to get far enough away to draw, load, rack and fire.

5) Step Five - Our two FTF'ers are sharing a cell somewhere less than friendly.

Kalifornia is Effing Crazy Yo!
CA357, if you start eyeing me after we've been in a while.....I'll stab you with my toothbrush. I don't want to, but I'll do it.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 05-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #14

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Maybe you can ask your attacker politely to allow you more time to load your gun?

whipout.wav

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 05-13-2010, 07:33 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Is that what you would do?

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 05-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #16

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Is that what you would do?
Well...........

#1 There are reasons I don't live in California...their gun laws are a big one.

#2 Distraction works, would I need a gun to protect myself?

#3 What do you think I would do?

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 05-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #17

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Well...........

#1 There are reasons I don't live in California...their gun laws are a big one.

#2 Distraction works, would I need a gun to protect myself?

#3 What do you think I would do?

Jack
I think you would point your finger at him and say "bang". I also think this would kill the mugger as surely as any "real" gun.
That said, I think you are required to attempt to flee before use of force is justified in CA, as NGIB suggested. CA357 and Spitty would be in decent shape, however, as they could exercise the same tactics as criminals here: claim society drove them to a life of violence, sue the officers who arrested them for profiling of some kind, and be given an "overcrowding" release within a week or two, living happily ever after on public assistance.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:35 PM   #18

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepix View Post
Fortunately, we have a Sheriff running for election this year in Orange County that is very pro-gun and will sign any CCW request as long as you pass the courses and background check. Maybe some other things will loosen up as well. We need it.
Really? I might move to OC just contribute a vote. Or visit ACORN and contribute 6 votes....

Old 05-13-2010, 09:46 PM   #19

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Default Open carry in Kalli

Oh ! But a pistol hung on your hip will scare the tar out of the illegal aliens and Alien flag wavers as literacy capabilities prevent them from knowing that it has to be unloaded minus magazine.....In their own country where guns and ammo are strictly regulated, everybody with the price has an AK, grenades,
and in some instances rocket launchers.....Juarez, for instance,,,,

Old 05-13-2010, 09:58 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The only solution to CA gun laws is to move back to the States.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams