Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Not Conceal, but Open Carry about to be illegal in CA!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Not Conceal, but Open Carry about to be illegal in CA!

Let's not let this pass! For more info and an easy link to email your Assembly Member go here!

Don't let CA make it illegal for Open Carry!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-12-2010, 07:30 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I have two Dem reps. They will vote for it. *&^@#$%$#@!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-12-2010, 07:36 PM   #3

Agggg. Oh well, write anyway! You don't want them to say, "We didn't hear anyone complaining about it, so obviously no one cared."

A lot of Dems are scared right now about getting voted out of office, maybe they'll lean your way?

Old 05-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

You mean open carry is still legal in CA? So if I was hanging out with CA357 I could have my XD on my hip and it would cool?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 05-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
You mean open carry is still legal in CA? So if I was hanging out with CA357 I could have my XD on my hip and it would cool?
Yeah, but they have stupid 'open carry' rules out in CA. You can't have a round chambered or a loaded magazine in the gun. So, you have to have the gun completely empty and have a loaded magazine in a mag holster on your hip. Then if you needed to use it, slip the magazine in, yank the slide back and then you could shoot. Kinda dumb. But at least we could, if we wanted...for now.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #6

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepix View Post
Yeah, but they have stupid 'open carry' rules out in CA. You can't have a round chambered or a loaded magazine in the gun. So, you have to have the gun completely empty and have a loaded magazine in a mag holster on your hip. Then if you needed to use it, slip the magazine in, yank the slide back and then you could shoot. Kinda dumb. But at least we could, if we wanted...for now.
OK, this qualifies for the dumbest law I've ever heard of.

Excuse me Mr Mugger, let me get my magazine, load my gun, rack the slide, and then I'll be ready to defend myself...

Old 05-13-2010, 06:21 PM   #7

Quote:
OK, this qualifies for the dumbest law I've ever heard of.

Excuse me Mr Mugger, let me get my magazine, load my gun, rack the slide, and then I'll be ready to defend myself...
Anti-gun laws ARE stupid laws.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:28 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepix View Post
What if you carry a revolver? Can you leave it on an empty chamber or do you have to carry a speed loader and have the thing completely empty?

Old 05-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #9

Quote:
What if you carry a revolver? Can you leave it on an empty chamber or do you have to carry a speed loader and have the thing completely empty?
Yeah, the revolver has to be empty. Here is an article I read a while ago that talks about "What is a Loaded Gun in CA?" if you'd like more info and probably a good laugh!

So, I guess the best thing to 'open carry' would be a semi-auto since you could probably load it faster?

Old 05-13-2010, 06:42 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

CA sucks!!!