Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Not Conceal, but Open Carry about to be illegal in CA! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/not-conceal-but-open-carry-about-illegal-ca-27078/)

Jeepix 05-12-2010 08:08 PM

Not Conceal, but Open Carry about to be illegal in CA!
 
Let's not let this pass! For more info and an easy link to email your Assembly Member go here!

Don't let CA make it illegal for Open Carry!

CA357 05-12-2010 08:30 PM

I have two Dem reps. :mad: They will vote for it. *&^@#$%$#@!

Jeepix 05-12-2010 08:36 PM

Agggg. Oh well, write anyway! You don't want them to say, "We didn't hear anyone complaining about it, so obviously no one cared."

A lot of Dems are scared right now about getting voted out of office, maybe they'll lean your way?

spittinfire 05-13-2010 11:04 AM

You mean open carry is still legal in CA? So if I was hanging out with CA357 I could have my XD on my hip and it would cool?

Jeepix 05-13-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 284341)
You mean open carry is still legal in CA? So if I was hanging out with CA357 I could have my XD on my hip and it would cool?

Yeah, but they have stupid 'open carry' rules out in CA. You can't have a round chambered or a loaded magazine in the gun. So, you have to have the gun completely empty and have a loaded magazine in a mag holster on your hip. Then if you needed to use it, slip the magazine in, yank the slide back and then you could shoot. Kinda dumb. But at least we could, if we wanted...for now.

NGIB 05-13-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepix (Post 284394)
Yeah, but they have stupid 'open carry' rules out in CA. You can't have a round chambered or a loaded magazine in the gun. So, you have to have the gun completely empty and have a loaded magazine in a mag holster on your hip. Then if you needed to use it, slip the magazine in, yank the slide back and then you could shoot. Kinda dumb. But at least we could, if we wanted...for now.

OK, this qualifies for the dumbest law I've ever heard of.

Excuse me Mr Mugger, let me get my magazine, load my gun, rack the slide, and then I'll be ready to defend myself...:eek:

Jeepix 05-13-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

OK, this qualifies for the dumbest law I've ever heard of.

Excuse me Mr Mugger, let me get my magazine, load my gun, rack the slide, and then I'll be ready to defend myself...:eek:
Anti-gun laws ARE stupid laws. :)

spittinfire 05-13-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepix (Post 284394)
Yeah, but they have stupid 'open carry' rules out in CA. You can't have a round chambered or a loaded magazine in the gun. So, you have to have the gun completely empty and have a loaded magazine in a mag holster on your hip. Then if you needed to use it, slip the magazine in, yank the slide back and then you could shoot. Kinda dumb. But at least we could, if we wanted...for now.

What if you carry a revolver? Can you leave it on an empty chamber or do you have to carry a speed loader and have the thing completely empty?

Jeepix 05-13-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

What if you carry a revolver? Can you leave it on an empty chamber or do you have to carry a speed loader and have the thing completely empty?
Yeah, the revolver has to be empty. Here is an article I read a while ago that talks about "What is a Loaded Gun in CA?" if you'd like more info and probably a good laugh!

So, I guess the best thing to 'open carry' would be a semi-auto since you could probably load it faster?

spittinfire 05-13-2010 07:42 PM

CA sucks!!!


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:00 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.