Non-Resident Florida CCW Travel Advice


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Non-Resident Florida CCW Travel Advice

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 40
Default

Live in Illinois and just received my Florida CCW. Im driving with my family to Pennsicola Fl and will pass through Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama, all which honor the Florida CCW.

I plan on reviewing the laws in each of the states but was wondering if there is anything I particularly need to know or watch out for in any of these states including Florida.

I plan on carrying my M&P .45c, .40c or 9c with the leather hip-hugger.



__________________

Last edited by jmbburger; 09-06-2011 at 11:30 AM.
jmbburger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 09-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 40
Default

Nobody has any advice?



__________________
jmbburger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:59 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rifleman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Live Oak,California
Posts: 1,626
Liked 432 Times on 271 Posts
Likes Given: 1266

Default

Carry Concealed
this might help
__________________
rifleman1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:43 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1
Carry Concealed
this might help
That's brilliant. I was told this forum had friendly and knowledgeable members. I obviously have the wrong forum.
__________________
jmbburger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:12 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,372
Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Hey bro, alot of states have sum differences in their CC laws but if ur going to a state tht accepts the states CCW tht ur license is in it will honor the laws set forth by tht state

__________________

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

MrWray is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,372
Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Every state tht has CCW has a general law tht u can revert to if ur ever in doubt. You have the right to use deadly force against another person if u believe tht ur life or the life of your family is in immediate danger..danger tht without a shadow of a doubt would result in death.. No states CCW laws r the same but as long as u remember this law u will b fine

__________________

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

MrWray is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:38 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chainfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,696
Liked 1564 Times on 940 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Every state tht has CCW has a general law tht u can revert to if ur ever in doubt. You have the right to use deadly force against another person if u believe tht ur life or the life of your family is in immediate danger..danger tht without a shadow of a doubt would result in death.. No states CCW laws r the same but as long as u remember this law u will b fine
Agreed.

The flip side of that coin, generally is; if you pull a gun, fire it or not, for any reason other than to defend life, you will probably be going to jail in most any state, and for a long time.

Day to day rules about things like , "can I have it on in a place that serves beer" is a state by state thing. The rules are generally available on the states websites. Get your information from official sites, not forums.
__________________

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Chainfire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:07 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,372
Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Agreed.

The flip side of that coin, generally is; if you pull a gun, fire it or not, for any reason other than to defend life, you will probably be going to jail in most any state, and for a long time.

Day to day rules about things like , "can I have it on in a place that serves beer" is a state by state thing. The rules are generally available on the states websites. Get your information from official sites, not forums.
Also agree

In oklahoma where i live its "concealed only",u CAN carry inside a restaraunt tht serves beer as long as ur not sitting "at the bar" like applebees tht has a seperate bar area. U CANT carry inside of...a school,a courthouse, a federal building or a full fledge bar..some people wonder if u can act on a felony in progress, thts really foggy and i mean foggy like probly get arrested, be in and out of court for months, staying stressed out and maybe not b charged with manslaughter after its all said and done. If u saw a lady getting robbed at gunpoint and u intervene and in the progress the robber raises his gun at u and u put 2 center mass...im sure u would"eventually" b aquitted of any charges but there is a really fine line with alot of the CCW laws.. If u ever have to use ur firearm to defend urself while u r shopping at night or walking down the sidewalk,ETC u r gonna b treated like a criminal urself and have to use the court system to squash everything
__________________

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

MrWray is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:33 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 701
Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbburger View Post
Live in Illinois and just received my Florida CCW. Im driving with my family to Pennsicola Fl and will pass through Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama, all which honor the Florida CCW.

I plan on reviewing the laws in each of the states but was wondering if there is anything I particularly need to know or watch out for in any of these states including Florida.

I plan on carrying my M&P .45c, .40c or 9c with the leather hip-hugger.
Hey there,
Jmbburger

For the state of Indiana
§ 926A Interstate Transportation of Firearms.

For the state of Kentucky
527.020 Carrying Concealed Deadly Weapon.

For the state of Tennessee
39-17-1307 Unlawful Carrying or Possession of a Weapon.

For the state of Alabama. You must have a Permit/License to carry a loaded handgun in any vehicle. Check with hand gun laws for further information to verify.

Kind regards,
travel safely

Zoey,


__________________
Rarity is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Non-resident chl Bootsdeal Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 38 01-19-2012 12:42 PM
28 yr old Utah Resident... LONGHAIR The Club House 3 07-19-2011 01:53 AM
Texas Non-Resident CCW themyst Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 5 02-16-2010 02:15 PM
nyc resident upstate manifestdestiny Politics, Religion and Controversy 3 02-01-2009 06:53 PM