Non-Resident Florida CCW Travel Advice

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Non-Resident Florida CCW Travel Advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Live in Illinois and just received my Florida CCW. Im driving with my family to Pennsicola Fl and will pass through Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama, all which honor the Florida CCW.

I plan on reviewing the laws in each of the states but was wondering if there is anything I particularly need to know or watch out for in any of these states including Florida.

I plan on carrying my M&P .45c, .40c or 9c with the leather hip-hugger.

Last edited by jmbburger; 09-06-2011 at 11:30 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #2

Nobody has any advice?

Old 09-06-2011, 09:59 PM   #3

Liked 432 Times on 271 Posts
Likes Given: 1266

Carry Concealed
this might help

Old 09-06-2011, 11:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1
Carry Concealed
this might help
That's brilliant. I was told this forum had friendly and knowledgeable members. I obviously have the wrong forum.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:12 AM   #5

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Hey bro, alot of states have sum differences in their CC laws but if ur going to a state tht accepts the states CCW tht ur license is in it will honor the laws set forth by tht state

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #6

Every state tht has CCW has a general law tht u can revert to if ur ever in doubt. You have the right to use deadly force against another person if u believe tht ur life or the life of your family is in immediate danger..danger tht without a shadow of a doubt would result in death.. No states CCW laws r the same but as long as u remember this law u will b fine

Old 09-07-2011, 12:38 AM   #7

Liked 1564 Times on 940 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Every state tht has CCW has a general law tht u can revert to if ur ever in doubt. You have the right to use deadly force against another person if u believe tht ur life or the life of your family is in immediate danger..danger tht without a shadow of a doubt would result in death.. No states CCW laws r the same but as long as u remember this law u will b fine
Agreed.

The flip side of that coin, generally is; if you pull a gun, fire it or not, for any reason other than to defend life, you will probably be going to jail in most any state, and for a long time.

Day to day rules about things like , "can I have it on in a place that serves beer" is a state by state thing. The rules are generally available on the states websites. Get your information from official sites, not forums.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 09-07-2011, 01:07 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Agreed.

The flip side of that coin, generally is; if you pull a gun, fire it or not, for any reason other than to defend life, you will probably be going to jail in most any state, and for a long time.

Day to day rules about things like , "can I have it on in a place that serves beer" is a state by state thing. The rules are generally available on the states websites. Get your information from official sites, not forums.
Also agree

In oklahoma where i live its "concealed only",u CAN carry inside a restaraunt tht serves beer as long as ur not sitting "at the bar" like applebees tht has a seperate bar area. U CANT carry inside of...a school,a courthouse, a federal building or a full fledge bar..some people wonder if u can act on a felony in progress, thts really foggy and i mean foggy like probly get arrested, be in and out of court for months, staying stressed out and maybe not b charged with manslaughter after its all said and done. If u saw a lady getting robbed at gunpoint and u intervene and in the progress the robber raises his gun at u and u put 2 center mass...im sure u would"eventually" b aquitted of any charges but there is a really fine line with alot of the CCW laws.. If u ever have to use ur firearm to defend urself while u r shopping at night or walking down the sidewalk,ETC u r gonna b treated like a criminal urself and have to use the court system to squash everything

Old 09-07-2011, 05:33 AM   #9

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbburger View Post
Live in Illinois and just received my Florida CCW. Im driving with my family to Pennsicola Fl and will pass through Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama, all which honor the Florida CCW.

I plan on reviewing the laws in each of the states but was wondering if there is anything I particularly need to know or watch out for in any of these states including Florida.

I plan on carrying my M&P .45c, .40c or 9c with the leather hip-hugger.
Hey there,
Jmbburger

For the state of Indiana
§ 926A Interstate Transportation of Firearms.

For the state of Kentucky
527.020 Carrying Concealed Deadly Weapon.

For the state of Tennessee
39-17-1307 Unlawful Carrying or Possession of a Weapon.

For the state of Alabama. You must have a Permit/License to carry a loaded handgun in any vehicle. Check with hand gun laws for further information to verify.

Kind regards,
travel safely

Zoey,