Non resident FL lic and reciprocity question - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Non resident FL lic and reciprocity question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I am NY resident with a valid NY CCW and also a Florida NON resident CCW. I read on the Texas site that the recognize both the NY and Fl CCW. I will be going to Texas on a hunting trip and plan to bring a handgun. I believe that is permitted.

Anybody have any other info that what I have found out?
Thanks

Old 01-07-2012, 02:45 AM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Hey Big Cigar, I don't know the answer to your question. My guess would be yes. Out of curiosity wondering how you got one of those coveted NY ccw's ? Were you an leo in some capacity? The reason I'm so curious is I'm moving to PA about 10mn from the NY border and I've already been advised over the phone by NY's finest that if they were to catch me with a handgun in their state rendered inoperable ,hard cased , locked, ammo seperate in any capacity Id be arrested. I'm a ccw holder from VA. I called because on the way to my inlaws property in PA we double back through NY or we used to.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:24 AM   #13

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts

There is an I phone app by workman consulting labeled CCW that covers reciprocity between states and covers most of the major do's and don'ts at quick reference.
He doesn't guarantee the info as legal advise, but I have researched some of the info and it appears to be accurate.
Please keep in mind that I am not a lawyer or a legal aide, I just pretend to be one on forums!

Old 01-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #14

Default Ccw ny

I am upstate NY, noy city.
Not sure about any non resident for NY. I am a resident and have had my CCW for many years. Join one of the CCW boards.
USA Carry - Concealed Carry Forum

Even NJ lets you go through the state if locked away in trunk.
Good luck
BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTF View Post
Hey Big Cigar, I don't know the answer to your question. My guess would be yes. Out of curiosity wondering how you got one of those coveted NY ccw's ? Were you an leo in some capacity? The reason I'm so curious is I'm moving to PA about 10mn from the NY border and I've already been advised over the phone by NY's finest that if they were to catch me with a handgun in their state rendered inoperable ,hard cased , locked, ammo seperate in any capacity Id be arrested. I'm a ccw holder from VA. I called because on the way to my inlaws property in PA we double back through NY or we used to.