No guns allowed signs - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

No guns allowed signs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 04:02 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

I've been considering having a batch of gun buster signs made up with a small printed statement beneath the logo that reads...

"Yes, the owners of this establishment DO have our heads deeply imbeded in our arse's Howevere should you be shot while on our premises you do have the right to sue us for reckless endangerment because we have allowed our Eutopian desires to deny you your god given right of self preservation."

I could then keep them in my truck and add the business doors already displaying there own.

I'm really curious to see how long the owner and employees would walk past it without reading the small print!

Tack

Old 08-09-2012, 04:22 AM   #22

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Thanks JonM. I enjoy your posts and Tacks posts. Seems like we tend to think alike and know how to "engage" the anti-rights crowd. I'm surprised those signs hold weight in Texas.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:25 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1819 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Signs. What signs? I didn't see any signs......

Old 08-09-2012, 04:39 AM   #24

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
Signs. What signs? I didn't see any signs......

Old 08-09-2012, 04:42 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 488 Times on 314 Posts
Likes Given: 1165

Default Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Rigjumpr:
What state are those signs from? Doesn't seem logical on the first one because dirt bags don't have a permit. I guess if you DON'T have a permit you could carry on those premises???
We have a similar sign on the courthouse door here. Also when I went in to pickup my concealed permit, the Sheriffs office told me "Do Not bring any firearm into the the Sheriffs office" when you come to pickup your permit. Thats OK by me.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:45 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1819 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop
Love Tesla! Saw them in concert quite a few times when I was younger.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:29 AM   #27

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

can't decide whether this is funny or sad
nocarry.jpg  

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD
Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 08-09-2012, 05:38 AM   #28

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
can't decide whether this is funny or sad
It's damn funny after you slap it on the door of your local LIBTARD business owner then check daily to see how long they walk past it before noticing!

Could be days and day of chuckles.

Tack
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 08-09-2012, 06:56 AM   #29
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1466 Times on 772 Posts
Likes Given: 634

Oho is only one of two states that holds a business owner liable for posting those signs - it's in the state code that the owner is liable should people be injured. This was done to take the liability off the state paying all the medical bills for people that should have been legally able to defend themselves.

If we take a page from the antis playbook and garner control in small, calculated moves, we could be greatly aided by more states passing laws that protect them from business owners creating dangerous and costly situations for the state by disarming state-licensed citizens. Every gunbuster sign posted makes the business owner liable for ALL damages and suits.

Think the signs would thin out then??

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 08-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #30
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i kinda disagree. a public business is a public place not private property. the supreme court has ruled on this sort of thing. just because states have chosen to ignore and disrespect my right to self defense is not going to make me respect them.

you cant bar a person fom a business based on race sex or political opinions. a business cannot remove your inalienable rights just because they disagree with them. hang a sign on a door at walmart saying no blacks, democrats, muslims see how that goes.
I can't bring my Siberian husky into a restaurant. Why? She's not going to pee on the floor or bother people. How many places have a "No shirt, no shoes, no service" sign? Plenty. It's their policy. I respect it.

You're right that courts have ruled every which way in every state differently on whether people do or don't have a right to carry in workplaces or businesses. I'm looking at it from a libertarian perspective: it's a privately-owned business and the owners have let me know what they do and don't want, so I'll respect them by not spending my money there. Simple as that.
dog2000tj Likes This