Night Light - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Night Light

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 07:35 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pat-inCO View Post
Katie bar the door! This should be a L O N G thread.

I have several. First I recommend LED lights with a minimum of 3 watts output. There are many available from $29/pair at Sam's Club to way over $100 at a PD supply house. The LED lights use up a LOT less battery for the same (or more) light.

On the subject of light output, I prefer those with at least 150 lumen output (roughly 3 watts). The four watt (around 200 lumen) are really great, but use up more battery (DUH!).

The least expensive, yet well worth the money seems to be the Lumaforce-LF1 (currently on for $39.99 ea). Not anywhere near the 300 lumens advertised but well over 150 lumens (read that BRIGHT!). I - far - prefer the single function (on/off only) rather than the five or six function that you have to click through to get it turned off.

Another one that I found at Target is a "Life Gear" 4 watt (a bit over 200 lumen) for about $40 (don't remember exactly). A bit larger than the Lumaforce but still quite reasonable.

The all time best (but not a night stand size) was the Husky from Home Depot for $25. They discontinued then about six or eight months ago ( SIGH!). They seem to expect instant sales bananza when they put out a product. It was available for less than a year (I scarfed up three of them - ZERO problems).
The Sam's Club flashlights are great & I hear the ones sold at Costco are good & Cheap Too ( I prefer to shop Sam's Club-they obviously believe in the 2nd amendment as they allow shoppers to remain armed when shopping.)
Old 06-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #12

all wonderful info. maglites are awsome, i grew up on 'em.

the new and hip lights "LEDs" arent bad either. actually, cleaned out my truck this mornin, found a small 3inch LED i got from a gas station once upon a time. it worked! lol. 3 AAA batteries.

this will work til i research the right one. keep that info comin in. rechargeable seems good because it would technically last forever.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:50 PM   #13
Liked 1450 Times on 813 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Night Light - Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection

Got this light on ebay several years ago. Think I paid ~$55 and it's the best flashlight I have ever owned!

SpiderFire R2 CREE LED Combat Torch with CR123A X666A

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello