Night Light - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Night Light

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 06:35 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat-inCO View Post
Katie bar the door! This should be a L O N G thread.

I have several. First I recommend LED lights with a minimum of 3 watts output. There are many available from $29/pair at Sam's Club to way over $100 at a PD supply house. The LED lights use up a LOT less battery for the same (or more) light.

On the subject of light output, I prefer those with at least 150 lumen output (roughly 3 watts). The four watt (around 200 lumen) are really great, but use up more battery (DUH!).

The least expensive, yet well worth the money seems to be the Lumaforce-LF1 (currently on for $39.99 ea). Not anywhere near the 300 lumens advertised but well over 150 lumens (read that BRIGHT!). I - far - prefer the single function (on/off only) rather than the five or six function that you have to click through to get it turned off.

Another one that I found at Target is a "Life Gear" 4 watt (a bit over 200 lumen) for about $40 (don't remember exactly). A bit larger than the Lumaforce but still quite reasonable.

The all time best (but not a night stand size) was the Husky from Home Depot for $25. They discontinued then about six or eight months ago ( SIGH!). They seem to expect instant sales bananza when they put out a product. It was available for less than a year (I scarfed up three of them - ZERO problems).
The Sam's Club flashlights are great & I hear the ones sold at Costco are good & Cheap Too ( I prefer to shop Sam's Club-they obviously believe in the 2nd amendment as they allow shoppers to remain armed when shopping.)

Old 06-28-2010, 07:33 PM   #12

thanks.

all wonderful info. maglites are awsome, i grew up on 'em.

the new and hip lights "LEDs" arent bad either. actually, cleaned out my truck this mornin, found a small 3inch LED i got from a gas station once upon a time. it worked! lol. 3 AAA batteries.

this will work til i research the right one. keep that info comin in. rechargeable seems good because it would technically last forever.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:50 PM   #13

Liked 1420 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Got this light on ebay several years ago. Think I paid ~$55 and it's the best flashlight I have ever owned!

SpiderFire R2 CREE LED Combat Torch with CR123A X666A

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello