Next gun for carry......help. - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Next gun for carry......help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 04:33 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 157 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post

I'd have to disagree on that XDS. One of my buddies got one and it isn't exactly pleasant to shoot large amounts. The grip frame is rather aggressive for me, and kinda chews at your hand after a few mags. I have a Glock 30 which is the subcompact .45 It's not all that bad of a recoil, though it is one of the larger subcompacts. It holds 10 + 1. If you wanted to think about a 9, the Sig P938 is a great little conceal gun.
It's not for everyone.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #32

I use a G19 and a Sig P938 for carry, depending on clothing. Love them both!

Old 06-06-2013, 12:21 AM   #33

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I have a xds and its fine... Every time I go and shoot I have no problems I've had two light primer strikes both credited to crappy ammo... The grips do not hurt my hands... It fits well and shoots well.. My 9 year old little brother shoots it with me... He is 9... I'm almost positive anyone can handle this little 45... The paddle holster that comes with it is excellent... It conceals the gun easily for me
image-1312483242.jpg   image-1822888259.jpg  

Old 06-07-2013, 01:11 AM   #34

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Give Taurus pistols a good look. My preferences are, in order of wardrobe, PT145 10+1, PT740 6+1, TCP738 6+1. I carried a XD9sub but found out recently, while running a combat course, that my grip changed under duress and the grip safety prevented me from firing the weapon... more than once! Glad I found out when it wasn't a matter of life and death. I have full faith and confidence in Taurus firearms.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:19 AM   #35

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by de4nra View Post
Give Taurus pistols a good look. My preferences are, in order of wardrobe, PT145 10+1, PT740 6+1, TCP738 6+1. I carried a XD9sub but found out recently, while running a combat course, that my grip changed under duress and the grip safety prevented me from firing the weapon... more than once! Glad I found out when it wasn't a matter of life and death.
Quote:
I have full faith and confidence in Taurus firearms
And the worm can popped opened

Old 11-04-2015, 05:50 AM   #36
Tig

Time to breath some life back into this thread! I purchased the PM 45 about two years ago and have nothing but praise for the little blaster. It's incredibly light and in a Remora Carbon IWB, it disappears and you don't know it's there. I do a lot of reloading, 9 and 45, and found out quickly that these pistols are sensitive to the OAL on FMJ bullets. I use Berry's FMJ 230 gr RN. It doesn't like an OAL greater than 1.24. Tried it and I ended up with a failure to go into battery frequently. I went into a gun range and had to purchase their rounds. The guy asked what I was shooting and when I told him what I had, he put back the box he had in his hand and said, "Glad you told me, these won't work, too long". So it's evidently a known issue. They have polygonal rifling, the CW have standard cut. Not supposed to shoot lead through a polygonal barrel, same as Glock. A few don't make a difference, but leading can occur pretty fast. The polygonal barrel has better accuracy I'm told, but you'd have to be pretty good to notice a difference! They add to the price as well, but they're easier to clean, so it's a personal thing.

Mine has been absolutely reliable, aside from my reloads that were too long. That was corrected and they fire just fine now. I have never had a FTF or FTE using store bought ammo of any type. The pistol handles very well, can be snappy with some of the +P loads but nothing difficult to control. In a rapid fire drill, I personally can't keep them all where I'd like them to be but out to 10 yards I can keep them all inside of a paper plate. I know, not terribly impressive but I'll scare em anyway. That little 3 inch barrel and short sight radius can be challenging for some. I'm suffering from the aging eyeball disorder, blind without glasses and shooting with these damn progressive lenses just sucks. I recently installed a set of XS Big Dot sights on it. I wasn't sure about how well they'd work, but have to say, they improved my accuracy and speed, a lot. I recommend them and they're easy to install yourself.

Pardon the length of the post, but I wanted to get this back into the discussion if there are any of you thinking about this sweet pistol. I'd like a couple more rounds in each magazine, but 5+1 and an extra is satisfactory I think. One thing I didn't mention, the trigger on these Kahrs is like nothing you've ever felt right out of the box. Excellent and smooth..... Thanks for listening!

Old 11-04-2015, 12:38 PM   #37
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3127 Times on 1732 Posts
Likes Given: 872

New kid on the block. Honor Guard single stack 9mm.
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/best-factory-single-stack-9mm-ever-honor-guard-new-gun/
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 11-09-2015, 07:58 AM   #38
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3277 Times on 1996 Posts
Likes Given: 18445

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Looks worth checking into. Don't really need another nine, but still worth investigating further. I'll have to rent one when the local range gets some in.

I've never feared death or dying. I only fear never trying. I am whatever I am. Only God can judge me now.

Old Brit bikes don't leak. they mark their territory.

Old 11-26-2015, 02:54 PM   #39

I am also big fan of .45 Acp. I carry 24-7!! I have carried XDS .45 slim for quite awhile and couldn't see myself carrying anything else. A friend of mine got a S&W M&P Shield and I laughed at him like crazy for carrying a toy pop gun. He convinced me to carry it for a week and I returned it to him 2 days later after I went out and bought my own. I have shot about everything, and nothing compares. It is a mini that shoots and feels like a big dog, plus is plenty of stopping power!! Perfect for anyone to carry and shoot.

Old 12-24-2015, 02:33 PM   #40

I carry the Ruger LC9 and my wife carries the s&w Bodyguard 380. That's just our personal preference of carry weapons. We own multiple other pistols but we are both comfortable with carrying these l, and that's what we practice with at the range the most. I will sometimes carry my Springfield xdm 9mm but it's a little bulky. My wife will carry our s&w 38 revolver sometimes too. She loves the 380 bodyguard though and she's deadly accurate and comfortable carrying it. She doesn't like the Ruger lc9 too much. She says the trigger pull feels funny to her. Hope this helps and Merry Christmas!