New York weapon problem - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > New York weapon problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I really don't think anyone can know for certain what impact it would have had to have an armed person in that pharmacy. I think that it is only logical to believe that potential armed resistance could have saved, at least, some of the lives lost that day. I am absolutely CERTAIN that the killer would have been more reluctant to try this murderous robbery if the state allowed its citizens to protect themselves with concealed firearms; why do you think more donut shops don't get robbed?

Personally, i suggest people leave such restrictive states for truly free states. In MS, i can have a firearm in my car without a permit. I personally have NO PLANS to visit sillinois or NYC, due in large part to the nazi-esque firearms laws.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #12

Liked 1880 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 1422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff9000cd View Post
. . If we could carry in this state, do you think that girl would have been able to graduate? . . What does it take for us to regain our 2nd amendment rites?
New York City (downstate) and the rest of New York State (upstate) are like two separate countries. It’s important to not comingle them. You can carry in NYS, but not in NYC.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2987 Times on 1556 Posts
Likes Given: 277

Preachin' to the choir, man.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-17-2012, 12:05 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
New York City (downstate) and the rest of New York State (upstate) are like two separate countries. It’s important to not comingle them. You can carry in NYS, but not in NYC.
Im on Long Island, which although is not NYC and you can get a CCW, it is nearly impossable. i dont even want to attempt to get that permit, too much time and money.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:16 AM   #15

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Like 'Gello said, just move if that's an option. Either that or get 100 thousand friends together on election day and vote the sob's out...Who knows if an armed citizen would have made an impact, impossible to speculate but I can't see how it would have hurt things...

I haven't been home (Boston) in over 10 years just for the simple fact that I'm not allowed to carry there...(the law, not me)...and I don't miss it one bit...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 01-17-2012, 01:24 AM   #16

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I think so too.
I doubt it but theres just to many varibiles -- Don't matter if its New York or New Mexico
Always sad to hear stuff like that -----

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-17-2012, 01:33 AM   #17

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626

You really need to read some of John Lott JR's work, especially "More Guns, Less Crime."

If I remember right, the states that shifted from MAY ISSUE to SHALL ISSUE ccw permits saw an average drop in crime of 5-8%. Check out the drop in crime, especially violent crime in Chicago and DC after the ban was deemed unconstitutional. Do some homework.
I think he said the same thing you did...

Old 01-17-2012, 04:28 AM   #18

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

It's almost impossible to get a CCW on LI. Your average Joe cannot for sure. I tried for years. Upstate is another story and the City you can forget it. I hate this Liberal Stinkhole.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 01-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #19

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

It always amazed me how facts can go unrecognized. Maybe it's because the Progressives are louder than the rational thinking people and their voices get heard. The "will of the people" be damned. In the areas or countries that don't let the population go armed, crime flourishes. Look at the UK. Since the gun ban there, crime has peaked. Canada doesn't get it either. Chicago and DC were told that their bans were unconstitutional, but that hasn't stopped them. Why should NY be different?

I've always contended that for the rational voices to be heard, we need to get as loud and constant as the libs and drown out their rhetoric once and for all. Why that doesn't happen is beyond me, especially now in light of the total political and economic climate.