New York weapon problem

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > New York weapon problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 04:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New York weapon problem

One Sunday morning in June of last year a pharmacy opened around 10am. Shortly after opening a man walked in and shot the customers in the store, killeding them. He then went to the people who worked there and demanded drugs. After getting his drugs he shot the 2 people who worked there and killed them. At that point everyone in the store was dead, one of them being a 17 year old girl who was graduating high school the next week. Although he was caught a few weeks later it doesn't make up for the 4 dead because he needed drugs.

Now for my questions. If we could carry in this state, do you think that girl would have been able to graduate? Does anyone have a simaler story with a happy ending? What does it take for us to regain our 2nd amendment rites?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-16-2012, 05:07 AM   #2

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

She may have still died, but some other lives could have been saved.

Curiosity, did the killer have priors?

Old 01-16-2012, 05:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
She may have still died, but some other lives could have been saved.

Curiosity, did the killer have priors?
do u mean prior shootings?

Old 01-16-2012, 05:30 AM   #4

Any priors. Is he a habitual criminal? Grand larceny, drug charges, shootings, robberies, assault. These are regular offenses that result in the repeat offenders ending up back on the street to further terrorize the community.

The real problem is not gun control, its criminal control. Our legal system is total crap.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:42 AM   #5

He was fired from a few jobs for stealing but other than that no major crimes. He was addicted to drugs and in this state if you can get a gun your more powerful than anyone else. I feel like ccws would help. That's my opinion

Old 01-16-2012, 05:50 AM   #6

I think so too.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1177 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 710

you can carry in NYS but the rules are sometimes tricky. No carry in NYC, erie county, or Genesee county. most everywhere else its okay. NYS is carry concealed State with permit. takes like a year to get the permit in some cases.. took me 7 months

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #8
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

would have maybe. who knows? what if NYC did allow CC? would it have made any difference in this case? only if someone having a CC was there and willing to take action. even in a state that allows CC, these incidents will still happen, because not everyone has one. CC owners are still a very small percentage of the population.

sad thing is, gun control has never eliminated or decreased crime, and it never will. the only thing IMO, that will ever show a decrease in crime is allowing any law abiding citizen the right and ability to defend themselves. give the rights back to the citizens who abide by the law and support them. quit giving a free ride to the criminals, and showing more support for their rights over those of the victims. stop allowing criminals the right to sue someone for defending themselves.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

NYC is the worst city to be caught with a gun, even though one must carry one for protection. An urban jungle of the worst kind some years back.

"Bernhard Goetz best known for shooting four black men who tried to mug him on a New York City Subway train,
resulting in his conviction for illegal possession of a firearm. He came to symbolize New Yorkers’ frustrations with the
high crime rates of the early 1980s. The incident occurred on a No. 2 train in Manhattan on December 22, 1984. It
sparked a nationwide debate on vigilantism, the perceptions of race and crime in major cities, and the legal limits of self-defense.

"Goetz fired a revolver five times, seriously wounding the muggers. Following this incident, he was dubbed the 'Subway Vigilante'
by the New York press, and was both praised and vilified in the media and in public opinion. He surrendered to police nine days later. And was
eventually charged with attempted murder, assault, reckless endangerment, and several firearms offenses. A jury found him not guilty of all
charges except an illegal firearms possession count, for which he served two-thirds of a one-year sentence."
~ Wikipedia

Had it not been for the publicity and overwhelming support of the public, Goetz would still be rotting behind bars. For NYC is so against the 2nd amendment.
goetz.jpg  

Old 01-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #10

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
would have maybe. who knows? what if NYC did allow CC? would it have made any difference in this case? only if someone having a CC was there and willing to take action. even in a state that allows CC, these incidents will still happen, because not everyone has one. CC owners are still a very small percentage of the population.

sad thing is, gun control has never eliminated or decreased crime, and it never will. the only thing IMO, that will ever show a decrease in crime is allowing any law abiding citizen the right and ability to defend themselves. give the rights back to the citizens who abide by the law and support them. quit giving a free ride to the criminals, and showing more support for their rights over those of the victims. stop allowing criminals the right to sue someone for defending themselves.
You really need to read some of John Lott JR's work, especially "More Guns, Less Crime."

If I remember right, the states that shifted from MAY ISSUE to SHALL ISSUE ccw permits saw an average drop in crime of 5-8%. Check out the drop in crime, especially violent crime in Chicago and DC after the ban was deemed unconstitutional. Do some homework.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945