Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   New S&W bodyguard .380 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/new-s-w-bodyguard-380-a-52417/)

Powersportgiant 11-25-2011 06:22 PM

New S&W bodyguard .380

Picked up a new S&W bodyguard .380 today on sale, looking forward to getting it out for a range report. Any recommendations for a pocket holster ?

Tom86 11-25-2011 09:36 PM

I have become a huge fan or Remora holsters. I use a Remora for both IWB and pocket carry for my BG380.

For gym shorts or windpants, I use a versacarry.

gwk4667 11-30-2011 10:48 PM

I carry in a belly band that I move up under my armpit. Very easy to get to , very comfortable.

I carry the bodyguard 380 about 12 hours a day 7 days a week.

dborns 11-30-2011 11:21 PM

I'll be interested to hear how you like shooting the BG. I should have bought one of these instead of my recent purchase; I want a revolver, really like the looks of the BG, and like the included laser. This will be my next purchase.

Powersportgiant 12-01-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dborns
I'll be interested to hear how you like shooting the BG. I should have bought one of these instead of my recent purchase; I want a revolver, really like the looks of the BG, and like the included laser. This will be my next purchase.

I have the semi auto version of the BG and love it so far. I am sure you will enjoy the revolver as S&W makes a great firearm.

dborns 12-01-2011 12:34 AM

I've done some research on the net and found only one bad review, and the guy really didn't have much good to say about it. He was negative on the recoil, trigger pull, and the button for the laser. I was pretty surprised at the review, but I know its only one guy. I'm hoping the GS has one in stock so I can check it out. I looked at some of the other S&W revolvers, but when you add the price of some Crimson Trace grips, you can't come close to the price of the BG. Anyone with the BG revolver have any dislikes?

The only question in my mind is if this will be a good gun for my wife to use. I really need to get something that she could have for home protection because she doesn't like the 9mm, and I don't think my .380 has enough punch to stop someone.

danf_fl 12-01-2011 09:17 AM

Why did you get the handgun and not research the holster before the purchase?

That has been a reason for me to pass on some purchases. Are you using speed loaders or strip clips (and how do you carry them)?

I am not flaming you or your purchase. Just curious.

Powersportgiant 12-01-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl
Why did you get the handgun and not research the holster before the purchase?

That has been a reason for me to pass on some purchases. Are you using speed loaders or strip clips (and how do you carry them)?

I am not flaming you or your purchase. Just curious.

Actually I purchased an IWB holster before I purchased the gun, holster I ordered offline. I came to the reliable FTF members to help pick out a pocket holster as well. If you are like me, then you probably have many holsters for the same gun for different apparel and needs.

sdcromer 12-01-2011 02:58 PM

I use Desantis Nemesis holsters for my pocket pistols.

Jkl-28 12-02-2011 06:29 AM

Desantis holsters are nice!.... I have a few galco holsters that I use for carry and I'm very satisfied with them...