New ruger LCP - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > New ruger LCP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 01:36 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Yeah, the ol' get r' sold, we'll get r' fixed later, mentallity...
Hey, be nice! If you are a contract engineer, that is your meal ticket.

Full Disclosure: I'm a contract engineer, so that attitude is my rice bowl too!

Old 10-31-2008, 10:11 PM   #22
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Hey, be nice! If you are a contract engineer, that is your meal ticket.

Full Disclosure: I'm a contract engineer, so that attitude is my rice bowl too!
Yes sir, but I only bid on aerospace projects...

Next time you go somewhere on an airplane, think about the fact that the aircraft is built by the LOWEST BIDDER...

Old 10-31-2008, 11:01 PM   #23

I am a commercial aircraft contract engineer (everything EXCEPT avionics and powerplant - no sparky stuff for me!). I know all too well how aircraft work. I'm a lot happier riding in big boats.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:04 PM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Yes sir, but I only bid on aerospace projects...

Next time you go somewhere on an airplane, think about the fact that the aircraft is built by the LOWEST BIDDER...
Hahaha true true. AND next time you join the military remember that your weapon was made by the lowest bidder. Almost disgusting isnt it?

It might say something about RUGER but its like come on, how many years of reliability and excellence can be dismembered with one screw up?

They got a lot of validity in my opinion, one mess up doesnt mean they suck. My wifes 07 jetta got recalled because they said one small tab on the windshield wiper could bust into flames at any moment, and send the car in to a blazing inferno of hell.(not in those words) yea its ****ty but VW still is VW you know?

Its disappointing but I'm backing RUGER. (especially since I'm looking into buying an LCP myself AHAHA i know i know bias bias bias. BUT THIS IS AMERICA)

Old 11-01-2008, 11:37 AM   #25
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

There is nothing wrong with RUGER. I have a good collection of Super Blackhawks and P series autoloaders. Love em'

Virtually ALL manufactured products need to go through a "trail period or Beta testing" in order to locate and hopefully eliminate problems. This is a very difficult and complicated process. Engineers can not possibly predict every environmental scenario a product would be subjected to.

On the OTHER HAND, Marketing puts big pressure on Engineers to "HURRY UP" so they can sell the product...

BTW Northwoods, I'm an A&P Stress Analysis Engineer...

Old 11-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #26

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I've been a VERY avid fan of ruger firearms since I got my very 1st 1 many years ago. I feel that with the sr9 and Lcp (also polymer framed pistols) that ruger is changing direction from bill's original ideals. It used to be ANY product that ruger designed/built/sold was bomb proof,very heavy duty to the point of being "overbuilt",and "idiot resistant". Regardless,I'm still a HUGE ruger fan,but now on only certain models. I'm still waiting on a better background and actual usage tests before deciding on a Lcp for a pocket "mouse" gun.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:05 PM   #27

I like the little LCP but now on it's second recall I have put it in the safe and went back to my 642 for daily carry while I wait on the box from ruger to ship it back. I think I am going to sell my LCP once it gets fixed and stick with the 642.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #28
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxstchewy View Post
I like the little LCP but now on it's second recall I have put it in the safe and went back to my 642 for daily carry while I wait on the box from ruger to ship it back. I think I am going to sell my LCP once it gets fixed and stick with the 642.
There are several LCP owners that feel that way. My having a P3AT that works everytime and has had no recalls goes with me all the time. I'd still prefer a larger caliber though.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:52 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxstchewy View Post
what was the first recall for the LCP?

Old 12-31-2008, 09:16 PM   #30

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

We got a couple Ruger LCPs for me & my wife personally and I posted results-look for Ruger LCP-not your grandmaws pocket pistol. As to the recall of which I'm aware, the Kel-tec is exactly same way, but only Ruger is addressing this flaw in design-Kel-tec isn't even bothering to admit it has the same flaw. What I'm talking about is the recall of possible discharge when dropped on hard surface.