Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   New ruger LCP (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/new-ruger-lcp-5596/)

ozzy817284 07-15-2008 02:52 AM

New ruger LCP

So i tried doing a search but found nothing. I keep reading about this new Ruger LCP and For summer carry when i'm wearing shorts and t-shirts it makes carrying my .45 a little difficult. So if anyone has seen or gotten their hands on one let me know what you think. You can't trust these magazines all the time.

G21.45 07-15-2008 03:12 AM

Here, I did it for you: More than you might ever want to know!

Ruger LCP

Righteous 07-15-2008 03:15 AM

I cant keep them in stock, sell out same day I get them in. Lotta places have a waiting list going but we dont.

ozzy817284 07-16-2008 11:02 PM

sorry the link didnt work.

I know these things are selling like crazy but i'm really looking for opinions, does it feel like a toy, trigger pull anything that would make it an inferior firearm.

johnsteele 07-16-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzy817284 (Post 32159)
sorry the link didnt work.

I know these things are selling like crazy but i'm really looking for opinions, does it feel like a toy, trigger pull anything that would make it an inferior firearm.

I don't have one, but its a Ruger so mechanically its going to be just fine.The thing that might make it "inferior" is your personal view of the .380 as a defensive round. You pays your money and you takes your chances.

hical 07-17-2008 02:05 AM

Dont have my hands on it, but ya the new ruger lcp .380 has a nice looking finish to it, saw it on the ruger website. Definitely a gun i wouldnt mind having for backup.

Righteous 07-17-2008 02:05 AM

of course it feels like a toy, reminds me of the water squirt pistols we had as kids

Righteous 07-19-2008 01:31 AM

I have had no less the 25 calls today looking for that gun, I have had at least 4 people in the store today looking for that gun, all with same question, when will you get one.
I have 2 guns that will be in the store sunday morning when we open, I told each one that, would love to be there when the door opens to see what happens LOL

wozrob11 07-30-2008 01:19 AM

ruger 380 lcp

i got one last week it fits perfect in a side pocket of cargo shorts and when i go to the gym i wear gym shorts and i slip it right in the waist band its great to carry .i also got a holster that keeps the gun upright in my front pocket of my shorts i suggest look into that to, but the first time i went to the range it jammed up almost every other clip. I was using american eagle ammo so that might be it ,but my buddy had a brand new kel-tec 380 and he was using remmington ammo and his was jamming up worse than mine so im not sure.i cleaned it and haven t been back to the range so if anybody can give me some tips on my problem that would be great. oh yeah great site everybody

bertnog50 08-02-2008 10:32 PM

does not feel like any toy that i have ever had...i am quite happy with this gun