New Gun Owners

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > New Gun Owners

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 01:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New Gun Owners

Auto, revolver, .shotgun, 38sp, 9mm, .357, 45 etc. Which is better for CCW or Home Defense? I think this discussion will go on until all forums are long gone.
The one thing that we all seem to overlook is the psychological and legal aspects of this issue. Are you prepared to take someone’s life? I’m not talking about if someone is holding a gun to your head and telling you that he is going to kill you. A scenario would be if a 14 year old kid comes up to you and demands your wallet and says he has a gun, would you shoot or not?
Very few of us excluding law enforcement and military personnel have every had to deal with a split second decision like this. We all talk about what we would do, but remember that action has to be taken in milliseconds.
It’s shame that while you were protecting your home or property the criminal or the criminals family could actually take you to court and win. I remember that my uncle who was a policeman always told me that if I shoot someone trying to get in my house to drag him in the house and put a knife or weapon in his hand. A couple of years ago in the news a man was trying to get inside a house pushing and turning the door knob. The owner shot him through the door. The bad guy claimed he thought it was his friends house and was just trying to get in, even after finding burglary tools and a gun on him. The bad guy took the owner to court and won! Most courts say that the use of deadly force must show that you felt that your life was threatened and prove it.
I grew up with firearms. My dad was the type “if you mess with my property I’ll shoot you”. I hope that the younger people today that never been around weapons don’t get a false sense of security because they now own a gun.
Would I shoot someone that broke into my house, the answer is YES.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri_1 View Post
Auto, revolver, .shotgun, 38sp, 9mm, .357, 45 etc. Which is better for CCW or Home Defense? I think this discussion will go on until all forums are long gone.
The one thing that we all seem to overlook is the psychological and legal aspects of this issue. Are you prepared to take someone’s life? I’m not talking about if someone is holding a gun to your head and telling you that he is going to kill you. A scenario would be if a 14 year old kid comes up to you and demands your wallet and says he has a gun, would you shoot or not?
Very few of us excluding law enforcement and military personnel have every had to deal with a split second decision like this. We all talk about what we would do, but remember that action has to be taken in milliseconds.
It’s shame that while you were protecting your home or property the criminal or the criminals family could actually take you to court and win. I remember that my uncle who was a policeman always told me that if I shoot someone trying to get in my house to drag him in the house and put a knife or weapon in his hand. A couple of years ago in the news a man was trying to get inside a house pushing and turning the door knob. The owner shot him through the door. The bad guy claimed he thought it was his friends house and was just trying to get in, even after finding burglary tools and a gun on him. The bad guy took the owner to court and won! Most courts say that the use of deadly force must show that you felt that your life was threatened and prove it.
I grew up with firearms. My dad was the type “if you mess with my property I’ll shoot you”. I hope that the younger people today that never been around weapons don’t get a false sense of security because they now own a gun.
We don't have that problem in Texas, as the Castle Doctrine is clear about no legal reprecussion for BG's. Anyone that attampts to force their way into my home will DIE. No if's, no and's, no but's about it.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:30 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
A scenario would be if a 14 year old kid comes up to you and demands your wallet and says he has a gun, would you shoot or not?
From a legal perspective, perhaps not. But in this gangbanger world we live in nowadays, if some little punk ass f**ker has the presence of mind and the balls to do that, then they better be ready to recieve some seriously harsh responses. I would have no problem letting him have one between the eyes.

Don't look for a pick-up game of hardball unless you are prepared to get the s**t knocked out of you.

Old 11-24-2008, 04:19 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

well it depends on what your lookin for if you want home defense shotgun but ccw 45 auto would be my choice. now to go deeper on the matter, for ccw glock model 30, its .45 cal and small the best handgun ive EVER owned passed my ccw with it with flying colors, but home defense my shotty. its a 12 ga mossy 500 with a collapsable stock, tri rail picatinney foreend surefire gun light and sawd off, but "shhh" thats my p.o

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 11-24-2008, 04:23 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
cryin shame, thats why the lovely sherrifs tought me to shout out "STOP" three times and then shoot. their exact words were "twice in the chest and once in the head, if they keep comming repeat untill they stay down" best teachers ive ever had

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you