Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > New gun law in Ohio passed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 11:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default New gun law in Ohio passed

Now, all permit holders are allowed to carry in bars(unless prohibited by owner). I am not sure why this law passed. I mean, i love any gun law that passes in my favor but whats the point? Its illegal to drink while carrying, and who goes to the bar and dont drink? Maybe if i was with a group of people and i was the DD then hell yea im packing, other than that its useless to me. I guess there are more people who go to bars and dont drink that i was aware of.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-02-2011, 12:13 AM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Ok, its not just bars but anywhere that serves alcohol. If i go out to eat with the family, i typically dnt drink so that would work great, but just a bar or club, i dont quite get it.

Old 10-02-2011, 01:35 AM   #3

I excersized my new priviledge yesterday at the local tgi fridays! I dont really go to the bar or drink much anyway but i must say the restaurant that serves alcohol part is pretty nice. I never really understood why they wrote the law excluding them in the first place

Old 10-03-2011, 12:59 AM   #4

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

I think it is more for the Friday's or Applebee's type places. But, I could see carrying into a true "bar" if I was DD. I figure that there are probably a few others carrying illegally, so I will cover my "ass"ets.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:40 AM   #5

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessRegard
I think it is more for the Friday's or Applebee's type places. But, I could see carrying into a true "bar" if I was DD. I figure that there are probably a few others carrying illegally, so I will cover my "ass"ets.
OK so I agree drinking and packing isn't the best idea, but I agree. There's a lot of thugs out there that don't give a BEEP about legalities. With that being said, there's a lot of ccw going on with thugs that just haven't got caught doing anything bad....yet that is. If I'm drinking I'm carrying my SOG Trident Tanto, leaving the 1911 @ home

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Another thing to consider, specially with those 30 or older. If one has been going to bars all their adult life and not been getting in trouble, having a all of a sudden won't make them start. I doubt you could have gotten in many bar fights and still got a license.