New Firearm For Wife - Advice / Suggestions - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

New Firearm For Wife - Advice / Suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #71
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 861 Times on 566 Posts

Give it a rest rentacop. She doesn't want a Glock. No big deal.

And by the way, my little puny 380 PPK has shot perfectly every time i have pulled the trigger using a lot of different ammo. And no, it doesn't kick that much. Glocks are fine weapons, but so are many others.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #72

Liked 81 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post

Personally I don't see any more inherent danger in the flashbang's draw than drawing a gun from under the shoulder (armpit). With the flashbang, the gun is pulled straight down and is immediately present toward the target. Unless the woman has a giant belly, I cannot see what part of the body could possibly be flagged in the draw.

Reference the below video for case in point. Fast forward to right around the 4:00 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S72aeGdKmZw&feature=youtube_gdata
Very nice, I think that the modified draw would be very effective and seems to be able to clear the body easily, with a drop step strong side. All in all not a bad looking setup really.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #73
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3733 Times on 2287 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by 304inc
Very nice, I think that the modified draw would be very effective and seems to be able to clear the body easily, with a drop step strong side. All in all not a bad looking setup really.
I agree. Definitely preferable to carrying in a purse, which I fear a lot of women tend to do because their clothing choice is so limiting.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:34 PM   #74
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3387 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 710

I'll say it again: she Draws very fast. Glad Guys don't wear bra holsters.....Delta: if I could get away with walking around w/gun in right hand (even in an Open carry state), I would....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 11-02-2013, 11:34 PM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2452 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop
Going by this latest video, I can see how you could draw from the Flashbang without violating Rule #2 . Other vids gave me a different impression of the draw angles . Complaining that Glocks don't fit your particular hands is like complaining that Siberia is too cold for you . Glocks are bought because of their trusted reliability, durability, ease of maintenance, simplicity and inherent accuracy . If you find another pistol that can equal a Glock in those respects and has a better trigger and ergonomics, buy it ---in fact, I'll buy one too !
Wha? Glock ergonomics? Until you adjust to it its like shooting a brick. Chill dude. I could list at least 6 different firearms that most non Glock shooters would find more comfortable to shoot. Don't get hung up on it man. Everybody has different shaped hands and different needs when it comes to handguns. Especially CCW. There is no one size fits all.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #76

Liked 271 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I was simply trying to expose a couple of points, not to milk this thread, to get a couple of things off my chest, not to act like a boob or make a mountain out of a molehill ...I'm going to make a clean breast of the matter : This is my last post on this thread .

Old 11-03-2013, 01:27 AM   #77

Liked 81 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post

I agree. Definitely preferable to carrying in a purse, which I fear a lot of women tend to do because their clothing choice is so limiting.
My question would be, how accessible will it be with multiple layers or even a jacket on? I know my wife often wears more than one shirt, lot of tank tops under other tank tops,, go figure. Wardrobe awareness would be a factor. Wouldn't want to go under wrong layer.
Also for more " full bodied" women the modified draw would work to draw and avoid a big belly.
Although I'd admittedly worry about carrying more than condition 2.

Not saying my wife has a big belly just that the flashbang vids I seen were model body ladies, not the "average" mother for sure.

Last edited by 304inc; 11-03-2013 at 01:33 AM.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #78

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Your wife is only worth one pistol? The flashbang is a last resort type holster. If someone throws her in the trunk of a car, disarms her, the fight has just begun because she has another pistol.

Old 11-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #79
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 861 Times on 566 Posts

I just fondled and paid a deposit on a Walther PPS. Great feeling gun. Thin and small enough to carry comfortably, but doesn't feel too small to get a nice grip on. With the flush magazine I can still get a good hold on it, and with the extended magazine it is plenty beefy my hands. I was really impressed. I also looked at a Shield and a couple little Kahrs. PPS fit me better. Worth serious consideration for anybody needing a carry gun. Only thing some people might not like is the trigger guard, Euro magazine release. I have one on my P22 and really like it, but some people can't get their middle finger on the trigger hand to work it.

Old 11-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #80
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3387 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacColt68
I just fondled and paid a deposit on a Walther PPS. Great feeling gun. Thin and small enough to carry comfortably, but doesn't feel too small to get a nice grip on. With the flush magazine I can still get a good hold on it, and with the extended magazine it is plenty beefy my hands. I was really impressed. I also looked at a Shield and a couple little Kahrs. PPS fit me better. Worth serious consideration for anybody needing a carry gun. Only thing some people might not like is the trigger guard, Euro magazine release. I have one on my P22 and really like it, but some people can't get their middle finger on the trigger hand to work it.
Good Score CC! It's supposed to be a real sweet shooter,.like their entire current line up...some say they are better "Glocks" then a real Glock,..If I were Walther that would be an insult to me....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 11-10-2013 at 07:02 PM.