Alright ladies and germs, I'm starting this thread instead of my wife right now, because she's too busy laying in the tanning bed that we just bought to do it herself. Plus, let's be honest here, you all respect me more, so I know I'll get better answers than she will.
No but seriously. My wife isn't comfortable with her M&P 9 (full size) for CC purposes. Its too durn big. She might CC it in a CC purse someday, but let's not worry about that in this thread.
Here's the specifications she wants in a gun. Honestly I'm basically stumped:
- 9mm (she is open to other calibers, but she doesn't like the .40 and isn't too keen on the .380)
- she actually wants some relative weight for felt recoil absorption (point of reference, she shot a Kahr PM9 which I believe is 15.9 ounces and a Ruger LC9 which I believe is 17.1 ounces. She preferred shooting the Ruger, but if we could get a little bit more weight on it that would be good)
- single stack is pretty important
- the shorter the trigger, the better
- she would prefer no thumb safety, but doesn't mind if it has one if it means a short trigger pull
- she is pretty ambivalent about a grip safety. it doesn't matter one way or the other
Honestly the only gun I can come up with that sort of fits her bill is the Sig P938. But it is only 17.5 ounces, and it has a thumb safety (which we would really prefer not if we can get away with it).
The only other thing I would add is stellar customer service and/or a lifetime warranty.
Thoughts? Advice? Experiences (good and bad) with various guns that might fit this bill?
(Oh, and we know to go to a LGS and try guns and rent and whatnot. We've already been doing that. We just want more of an idea of what might fit the bill so we can know what to even think about).