New to EDC- Holster for M&P9c with safety & NS?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > New to EDC- Holster for M&P9c with safety & NS?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 12:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New to EDC- Holster for M&P9c with safety & NS?

Hi all,

I have been searching the forums and 'net but have not found a good answer. I have a S&W M&P9c with ambidextrous safety and AmeriGlo night sights (Sw-247 for reference).

Does anybody have any recommendations for IWB holsters? I see a lot of options but hardly any of them mention if they are compatible with the aftermarket sights or safety so hoping somebody has first hand experience and can offer some advise.

Also any general tips or advise for EDC? I am submitting my CWP paperwork on Monday and should have my permit within 90 days so I will be "new to EDC".

Appreciate any and all help

Jon

- Jonathan "jS"
Glock 19 | Glock 30 | Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #2

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 142

Galco (summer comfort) is what I've used but I'm looking into the N82 tactical line. If you find something you like, give a call to the manufacturer before ordering just to be safe on the fit.

Joe

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

Suggested gun control movement talking point: "We're OK with guns to keep our families safe, we just don't want you to have them." - Joe

Old 03-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #3

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

The sights and safety should not interfere with the fit in most of the holster designs I have seen lately. My daughter carries a M&P9C in N82 and loves it, Remora, Tommy Theis, Galco and many others should have something to give a thought to. Research and handle if possible as most of us have a drawer or box of unused holsters.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 03-30-2013, 01:03 AM   #4

Hi guys,

I'll take a look into the Galco and N82. I have not heard of N82 before but they look comfortable...

And I wish I could handle some holsters locally but the 5 small pawn/LGS in the area only carry holsters for 2-3 types of subcompacts so that is not an option.

The two large LGSs in the area usually never have stock with the "craze" going on and I no longer shop at one since they've become more concerned with profit versus providing good customer service. Hence my question here

Appreciate the pointers in the right direction

Thanks
Jon

- Jonathan "jS"
Glock 19 | Glock 30 | Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22