Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   New 1911 Blackwater from Sig (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/new-1911-blackwater-sig-13628/)

wolfshead 05-07-2009 04:21 PM

New 1911 Blackwater from Sig

Products & Services

I was wondering if anyone tested the new 1911 yet. It is quite heavy compared to the others in its class close to 42 oz. The trigger pull is at a decent 5 lbs.

I tested the 1911 compact which is also a 45 but is 10z lighter than the new Blackwater.

Dillinger 05-07-2009 04:30 PM

I don't know bro - $1300 and no mention of a Match Grade Barrel??

Seems a bit steep to me....

JD

Jo da Plumbr 05-07-2009 04:40 PM

I still like buying American.

matt g 05-07-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 103344)

JD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr (Post 103354)
I still like buying American.

But...

but...

but, it says "Blackwater".

Jo da Plumbr 05-07-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt g (Post 103413)
But...

but...

but, it says "Blackwater".

Yeah I was thinking how chickens1t that Sig uses the Blackwater handle.

cpttango30 05-07-2009 06:14 PM

Why does it matter what it says on the grips. Hell I can get COLT grips and put them on my KIMBER doesn't make it a COLT. Blackwater is a bunch of douche bags anyways.

Dillinger 05-07-2009 07:29 PM

Actually Eric Prince has a fine and distinguished career as a card carrying Navy SeAL, of which he saw action on at least 3 continents. His father, a very wealthy publisher if I remember correctly, died suddenly and Eric was released from the service to take care of the family business, which was eventually sold off, making him 1/3 heir to a multi billion dollar fortune.

He started Blackwater to address training issues that he felt were lacking in the civilian world, but that intent was quickly side stepped as the need for PMC ( Private Military Contractors ) surfaced.

Say what you want about he guys Blackwater employees, but Eric Prince could have been playing rich boy his whole life, not being a Navy SeAL, and then he could have been playing rich boy with his billions instead of putting together a top notch training center.....

JD

matt g 05-07-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 103441)
Actually Eric Prince has a fine and distinguished career as a card carrying Navy SeAL, of which he saw action on at least 3 continents. His father, a very wealthy publisher if I remember correctly, died suddenly and Eric was released from the service to take care of the family business, which was eventually sold off, making him 1/3 heir to a multi billion dollar fortune.

He started Blackwater to address training issues that he felt were lacking in the civilian world, but that intent was quickly side stepped as the need for PMC ( Private Military Contractors ) surfaced.

Say what you want about he guys Blackwater employees, but Eric Prince could have been playing rich boy his whole life, not being a Navy SeAL, and then he could have been playing rich boy with his billions instead of putting together a top notch training center.....

JD

IIRC, Blackwater and DEVGRU were very closely related in the early days of each organization.

wolfshead 05-08-2009 02:04 AM

Have you guys seen the new movie "State of Play"? It looks like they targeted private defense contractors.

supergus 05-08-2009 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 103344)

JD

All the SIG 1911's have match grade barrels. There's nothing different though between the BW and all the other SIG railed 1911's. Except the suuuppperr cool grips.(Which would be the first things I'd change with custom grips.) You can get most of the railed 1911's for at or below 1k. I wouldn't pay a premium for BW grips. Just my $.02.