Need a recomendation for holsters - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Need a recomendation for holsters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2008, 10:50 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug1627 View Post
What do you recommend for comfort?
Something on the outside of the belt, like an open top.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/_Slide_Guard/_slide_guard.html

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/_Topless/_topless.html

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/_NFS/_nfs.html

I've got a High Noon Slide Guard and even with an all steel 1911, I forget it's there. I also like the NFS and may be picking one of those up soon.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:24 PM   #12

El Paso Saddlery offers a couple choices for IWB-their C-Force might work for you-the Glocks are a bit on the thick side, and the C-Force puts the belt retaining strap away from the slide area. Take a look at www.epsaddlery.com.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:55 PM   #13

Thanks to everyone for the help. I am still torn between one that can be worn on the inside of the belt and the other that sits on the outside.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:10 PM   #14

Turns out a co-worker has a hook up on holsters and other firearm parts. He is offering me a Desantis Cozy Partner inside the waistline holster Brand New in the package for 50$. I found them online for 70$. Does Desantis make a good quality holster?

Old 07-23-2008, 04:33 PM   #15

I do not have any personal experience with Desantis-I have heard good things about their holsters (as well as the other holster makers mentioned in other postings). If your friend will allow, try the holster for fit and comfort-$50.00 sounds like a great deal to me!

Old 07-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy16076 View Post
I do not have any personal experience with Desantis-I have heard good things about their holsters (as well as the other holster makers mentioned in other postings). If your friend will allow, try the holster for fit and comfort-$50.00 sounds like a great deal to me!

Thanks for the response. I have put it on and worn it around the house a few times. I do not mind it being there. One downfall I found is the rough lining. Are all holsters like that?

Old 07-24-2008, 08:56 PM   #17

Doug, I wear IWB belts as I feel (MY OPINION) they conceal better with my body build and clothing style.

I have 2 IWB holsters for my 1911 - a Milt Sparks Versa Max II and a Nick Mathews #1.

Comfort for IWB will be based on holster design and material, but also pant size and gun size. Thicker guns may be a bit harder to carry IWB. That is one reason I love my 1911. It is a 4" barrel, single stack and fairly thin. Glocks tend towards the wider side.

Here is my VM2 (www.miltsparks.com) in horsehide/shark in Cordovan:

Here is my Nick Mathews #1 and dual mag holder in black leather (www.nmholsters.com):

If you want comfort, go leather. If you are using this for IDPA or something, kydex may be an option. I've seen a few that have a kydex holster but backed by a leather sweat guard and are actually quite comfortable from what I've heard. I can't recall the names right off hand.

IMO, you will get what you pay for, so don't be afraid of buying a quality holster like an Alessi, Sparks, Delfatti, etc. But also realize that for some of them, there is significant wait time involved. I know Top Gun Supply had VM2's in stock earlier today, but they go QUICK!

Old 07-24-2008, 09:35 PM   #18

Wow, the holster pictured looks much nicer than the Desantis. Do you have any pics of the inside or lining, if there is one?

Old 07-25-2008, 09:10 PM   #19

It is just boned leather. Both fit my 1911 like a glove. I can try to shoot some this weekend. I don't have my holster on right now - I'm at work and guns cannot be brought in (federal regulation).

Old 07-29-2008, 08:42 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern6er View Post
It is just boned leather. Both fit my 1911 like a glove. I can try to shoot some this weekend. I don't have my holster on right now - I'm at work and guns cannot be brought in (federal regulation).
Eh, its alright. I will check one out at a nearby store.